• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    Made in late 1954 eveything is H&R except the bolt and trigger houseing.All the trigger parts are H&R though. Comes with a bayonet and
    1096 rounds and about 50 ebolics clips.Sorry,the sling dosnt come with it.
    Asking 1400.00 for all of it. The ammo is about half cmp surplus and half reloads and they were reloaded for the garand specs.I just never shoot it and need the room.

sorry,having problem getting the pics on here. If interested just pm me for pics. thanks

would prefer FTF and cash.Dont have a paypal account and might meet halfway.
    Lynx Defense

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    H&R didn't start making M1s until after March of 1952 for Korean War production. The only mfgs during WWII were Winchester and Springfield Armory. If it is an HRA with mostly HRA parts, the barrel should be marked HRA from 1953-1956. The serial number should be from around 4,600,000 to 5,700,000.

If you can clear up if it is really an HRA, I'd be glad to post your item on the CMP forum for you. Lots of guys there looking for nice M1s.

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    sorry bout the date wrong,to many #s iv been looking at latly. Im think its a late 1954 and stamped HRA the sr#begins in 5785

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    What's the date on the barrel? If the serial number is 5,785,xxx then you're probably looking at 1955 or 1956 not 1954, since that's close to the end of their production run.

Also, what's the drawing number on the bolt and on the op rod. Also, any markings on the gas cylinder plug?

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    The barrel is HRA D6535448 6-52 RS12
    the bolt as stated is not an HRA but a SA but everything else except the trigger houseing is also HRA ,the op rod has 6535382 HRA
    the gas plug it looks like could be a DF or PF
    I just remebered that the windage knob is a IHC so thats the 3 parts that arnt HRA

Sorry,Iv had the rifle a few years and havnt shoot it that much.And not a Garand expert.Took it out to a few of the local Gun Talk shoots we had and let others shoot it that have never shot one before.

markas70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Austin
    Think i need to just delete this add and start over.

Late production H&R M-1 garand. everthing is H&R except the bolt (SA) and the trigger houseing(SA) and windage knob (IH) 1400.00 and comes with bayonet and 1086 rounds of ammo. Serial # starts with 5785. Not wanting to trade and will add pics when I figure that part out. Prefer FTF and will drive with in reason to meet.

Is that better?

Top Bottom