• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADAMS75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    ITASCA, TX
    I have handguns with three dot sights, three dot night sights, fiber optic, all black, all black with red ramp front sight, but my favorite and the one I can bring to target best is on my P239 sig, it has the front dot and a single line under the rear notch. What is your best or favorite?
    DK Firearms

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I’d have to say the ones I practice with the most, which are on my conceal carry.

Attachments

• EF0499FD-4419-4B02-A66F-1A44A172AE18.png
      EF0499FD-4419-4B02-A66F-1A44A172AE18.png
      121.2 KB · Views: 95

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Carry gun - Novaks - rear with tritium bar under rear notch. Front with tritium dot.
    Range gun - rear-flat black square notch. Front-flat black blade.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    I have four different guns with four completely different sights of iron sights, but I shoot them all pretty much the same.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    All of my pistols have standard 3 dot sights with most of them being the standard white and the others green tritium night sights. These two styles are my favorite so that is all I use. I am not into any of the newer electronic sights as I prefer standard iron sights on all my firearms.

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    All of my pistols have standard 3 dot sights with most of them being the standard white and the others green tritium night sights. These two styles are my favorite so that is all I use. I am not into any of the newer electronic sights as I prefer standard iron sights on all my firearms.
    I don't like red dot sights at all.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Carry gun - Novaks - rear with tritium bar under rear notch. Front with tritium dot.
    Range gun - rear-flat black square notch. Front-flat black blade.
    Who uses sights on their carry gun? Shoot from retention for the win( and to be clear, the win is being able to give your side of the story through a competent lawyer)

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I have always been happy with the old white outline rear with red ramp front, followed by second choice of the three dot sights,
    personally never cared for the fiber optic (had two fall out somehow)

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I like a thin, high visibility front blade with a wide square notch blacked out rear, or an all black set if I've got a light on the gun. I used to like night sights, but have come to think that they're kind of pointless. In low light, if you can't see your sights - you can't see your target. If its bright enough to clearly ID your target, the little glowy sights are kind of useless and a sharp front sight blade is more advantageous for accurate, aimed fire. A brightly painted front sight blade is more useful - I like the chartreuse / "high viz yellow" sights more than orange as they're more eye-catching to me.

Of course, when I can afford it, I've decided I'm going to put a red dot on my primary defensive pistol. The dot sight has more advantages than disadvantages. At that point I'm going to throw a set of AmeriGlo's all black, suppressor height sights on as backups. I'm just not quite ready to drop the price of a whole nother pistol into upgrading my current gun, because it either means buying a slide cut for the optic, or having mine cut and refinished, plus the cost of the optic.

Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    For me a working gun is one I carry when I'm out in the woods. This rig does all I ask of it, from protection to pest elimination. I've moved over the years from Browning HP to Beretta M9 to here, all because of steadily declining eyesight.

Attachments

• glock 40.jpg
      glock 40.jpg
      639.2 KB · Views: 74

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    For me a working gun is one I carry when I'm out in the woods. This rig does all I ask of it, from protection to pest elimination. I've moved over the years from Browning HP to Beretta M9 to here, all because of steadily declining eyesight.

How is that longslide 10 to shoot?

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    fixed / stock

never cared for adjustables (seen them rattle and bump themselves loose enough times)

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have handguns with three dot sights, three dot night sights, fiber optic, all black, all black with red ramp front sight, but my favorite and the one I can bring to target best is on my P239 sig, it has the front dot and a single line under the rear notch. What is your best or favorite?
    I prefer the stock sights that come with the gun in most cases and I prefer them to be iron (steel) sights. I dislike it very much, that several years ago, Glock switched to polymer sights on their pistols but I can live with it or change them.

I do not like fiber optic sights (I carry for self defense and do not want frail sights) nor do I like red dot, plastic orange ramps, night sights. I mean Trijicon and so on because I learned when and if the front sight fails, you are unable to use the sights in low light and believe me they can and do fail - luckily for me it was at the range. Anyway those types of night sights make it take longer to get a good on target sight picture when in low light situations. I've witnessed that over and over again hundreds of times with scores, if not hundreds, of shooters who used them when I had collateral duties as a LE firearms instructor. We timed the shooters, some took multiple seconds more to get sighted in while using them in low light training.

I also do not like battery operated sights on any defensive gun, that is unless there is the back up of iron sights or glass optics.

As for white dots or whatever versus plain black sights, the dots sure do help those older eyes of mine. I like white, no red or orange or zombie green.

What would be excellent on pistols, in my estimation would be something akin to Ghost Ring Sights (except for the fact they would require a whole new breed of holster I suppose). I wonder, do they make them for pistols?

Top Bottom