• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    My Google fu is usually pretty good, but I can't find anything. For use with a braced pistol, and limited real estate up front, I'm looking for a light that can be mounted on the bottom with a side switch to double as a hand stop. Does something like that exist?

Really just a handgun style light but with a side button vs a rear switch like most.
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My Google fu is usually pretty good, but I can't find anything. For use with a braced pistol, and limited real estate up front, I'm looking for a light that can be mounted on the bottom with a side switch to double as a hand stop. Does something like that exist?

Really just a handgun style light but with a side button vs a rear switch like most.
    Look at chicom Air Soft bootlegs .

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    How about this picatinny rail mounted underneath

and this light

Switch is located on the side, but at the rear.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    How about this picatinny rail mounted underneath

and this light

Switch is located on the side, but at the rear.
    Looking for a light that size, but with a button where is says olight on the side.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Being an ass would be selling it to you, at real deal prices.
    I seen people defend them that they are just as good. Some of those Air Soft soliders go all out.

Primary Arms has built a pretty big business selling Chicom built optics & what not.
    So still being an ass. Why not offer what the real deal is or just not reply? I assume you're thinking all I want is cheap stuff and I'm not worthy of your response.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Closest I’ve seen.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Streamlight has rifle lights in the TLR series. I'd look at one of them. Better light than you'll get from China. IIRC their TLR rifle light is the TLR9 / 10. Primary Arms does stock them.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    TLR9 is the light only version

If ya want a laser equipped, they have the TLR10

Then there is the slightly different TLR RM2...

And the more compact TLR RM1 that uses a tape switch activation

And the TLR1 Long Gun version (different back plate, same 1000 lumen light as the pistol version) and it too uses a tape switch

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I appreciate the help, but maybe I'm not being clear. All those lights activate from a switch on the back of the light.

I want to grab the light in my palm and use my thumb on a side button. Not a tape switch.

Starting to think it doesn't exist.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I appreciate the help, but maybe I'm not being clear. All those lights activate from a switch on the back of the light.

I want to grab the light in my palm and use my thumb on a side button. Not a tape switch.

Starting to think it doesn't exist.

Todds comes closest, but still a tape switch. When you said hand stop, I figured you want something to bump up to - not put in your palm. I ran a TLR-1 on my rifle for a long time (on the top rail) and used my thumb to activate the switch. You *could* palm the light, and instead of your thumb, use your pinky or ring finger to activate the button.

The only other solution I can think of with *side* mounted option, would be something like an old school hand held light, in a mount, that has a side activated button.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    So thanks everyone but scratch the idea. I mounted my TLR1 on the Stribog and my thumb is damn near on the lense. What I want isn't ergonomic evidently. Thinking a rifle size light with a tape switch on the side of the reciever using a modified c grip will work. Guess there's a reason no one else has made it. go figure.

Sorry wasting y'all's (how do you pluralize y'all?) time.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm not clear on whether you want a stop or a grip...

Still not what you want, since the switch is on the under back, but you could maybe cut the pressure switch short and mount it on the side of the light...

Streamlight 69451 TLR RM 2 Compact Rail-Mounted Tactical Lighting System with Rail Locating Keys and Two Lithium Batteries, Black https://a.co/7oueT3M

Still looking...

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'm not clear on whether you want a stop or a grip...

Still not what you want, since the switch is on the under back, but you could maybe cut the pressure switch short and mount it on the side of the light...

Streamlight 69451 TLR RM 2 Compact Rail-Mounted Tactical Lighting System with Rail Locating Keys and Two Lithium Batteries, Black https://a.co/7oueT3M

Still looking...
    Mission has been scrubbed but I like your idea

Top Bottom