• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2017
    There's some real beautys in there.
    Man is that an understatement. I have been thinking that Glocks were the best looking handguns but boy am I wrong. I wonder now, why the teacher for my Conceal Carry Class spoke against 1911s. He was really against them saying they jam way to much and are a pain to take apart to clean. Not sure what his issue was, and for most of what I read everyone loves theirs.

Edit* Grammer lol
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    There are a few not so good ones out there, and in the early days of manufacturers shrinking them down, they weren't real finely tuned. There's also hundreds of youtube videos showing disassembly and reassembly nowadays. Also, most of the people that make such statements have never owned one, and are parroting what they heard someone else say. I have a friend that teaches LTC and Combat Focus shooting, who just coudn't understand anyone buying a 1911, or anything besides a Glock. Until he shot some of my guns. Then he made a statement about mine not being a regular 1911, but a finely tuned precision instrument. He also figured out that H&K's weren't just expensive junk. He had no experience with either, just parroting his mentor's opinion.

Last edited:

Creole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2017
    There are a few not so good ones out there, and in the early days of manufacturers shrinking them down, they weren't real finely tuned. There's also hundreds of youtube videos showing disassembly and reassembly nowadays. Also, most of the people that make such statements have never owned one, and are parroting what they heard someone else say. I have a friend that teaches LTC and Combat Focus shooting, who just coudn't understand anyone buying a 1911, or anything besides a Glock. Until he shot some of my guns. Then he made a statement about mine not being a regular 1911, but a finely tuned precision instrument. He also figured out that H&K's weren't just expensive junk. He had no experience with either, just parroting his mentor's opinion.

Now THAT makes a lot more sense! After reading over multiple pages on them, I couldn't understand how they have such a strong following and my instructor spoke so negatively about them. I'm looking forward to being able to afford one and shoot it! My sister loves the 1911s and H&Ks. She told me the 1911 is one of the smoothest guns I will ever shoot.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Man is that an understatement. I have been thinking that Glocks were the best looking handguns but boy am I wrong. I wonder now, why the teacher for my Conceal Carry Class spoke against 1911s. He was really against them saying they jam way to much and are a pain to take apart to clean. Not sure what his issue was, and for most of what I read everyone loves theirs.

Edit* Grammar lol

FIFY

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    1911's are like fly fishing rods.

Run of the mill guns work fine once you become familiar with them.
    You have to reach a certain level of finesse to understand a truly great one.
    I've found many Glockheads are suffering from envy.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I can't get them to run for me.

Creole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2017
    Thank you mate!:laughing:

Well hopefully my experience with the 1911s go better than my experience did when I attempted to fly fish with my uncle haha. Lets just say about 20 minutes into me trying I was asking for a spin rod :laughing:. I was a bit younger though (18).

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Honestly, since we're crapping on some of the most popular handguns in existence, I can't stand Glocks AND 1911s either. I just can't with either. *braces for impact*

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My Fathers Day gift........Galil Ace in 5.56 w/Romeo 4C

80-dsc07459_c35b4544978532af40b1459ef620625a3889f416.jpg

80-dsc07460_dde99fd635ec1aa84611c21c0177fbfb1d1cbc36.jpg

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    They aren't as slick as the look. The old grips had checkering which would plow rows into your hands when firing. These will be much more user-friendly.

Top Bottom