• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    My Wiley Clapp wouldn’t reliably feed hollow points. The rounds would just nosedive straight off the mag and jam. Had Vandenberg Custom go over it, and he managed to get it squared away. Ran a bit over 300 rounds of FMJ and various brands of hollow points earlier today at the TGT TSSR meet and it didn’t have any problems whatsoever. Gotta plug him for that, as the thing runs like a top now.

e06bd2ce76e36bfc71f5089acb7033a7.jpg

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Trade it for that Polish makarov thing Robert had

Lmao even trade, right? Unfortunately didn’t get to shoot too many of Rob’s guns today other than that sweet 9mm RO. Shooting his cool old revolvers are usually the highlight of my trip.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This is my H&K VP-70Z (manufactured June 1981). This is the semi-auto version of the VP-70 which is a polymer gun and preceded the Glock by 12 years. It takes a 18 round magazine (good) and the trigger is off a 1960's cheap pellet pistol (bad). When I have time I will have to get pictures of the trigger mechanism to show what I mean.

Attachments

• VP-70Z L.jpg
      VP-70Z L.jpg
      694.6 KB · Views: 111

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    This is my H&K VP-70Z (manufactured June 1981). This is the semi-auto version of the VP-70 which is a polymer gun and preceded the Glock by 12 years. It takes a 18 round magazine (good) and the trigger is off a 1960's cheap pellet pistol (bad). When I have time I will have to get pictures of the trigger mechanism to show what I mean.

I bought one of those in the early 80’s. HK was selling them dirt cheap to dealers and they came with 4 mags.

To say the trigger was atrociously heavy is the biggest understatement of all time. I don’t think I was ever able to fire more than 4-5 rounds in succession. Talk about a sore finger!

I got rid of that bastard and don’t miss it at all. It seems that it took until the 1990’s before gunsmiths finally figured out how to reliably reduce the trigger pull. Hopefully yours has been worked on. Even then I heard the triggers still suck.

I sure hope you enjoy yours.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I bought one of those in the early 80’s. HK was selling them dirt cheap to dealers and they came with 4 mags.

To say the trigger was atrociously heavy is the biggest understatement of all time. I don’t think I was ever able to fire more than 4-5 rounds in succession. Talk about a sore finger!

I got rid of that bastard and don’t miss it at all. It seems that it took until the 1990’s before gunsmiths finally figured out how to reliably reduce the trigger pull. Hopefully yours has been worked on. Even then I heard the triggers still suck.

The thing about the VP70Z trigger is it was designed as a machine pistol when the stock/ holster was attached. IIRC it has only 3 moving parts too! The front sight was very different as well.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Very interesting. I posted a pic of my Steyr GB earlier - it was also an early 80’s design and has a very long, stiff DA trigger. Lots to recommend it - 18 round magazine before that was a thing. Double stack but the feed ramp is wide enough that rounds are pressed straight in like a rifle magazine. At the time I was an engineering mobility team commander in the USAF and our issue sidearms were SW Model 15’s with equally bad triggers. I always figured I’d sneak it in my deployment bag if we were ever activated.
    410E5750-182D-45B2-B9C6-C3A8FFE9A0C4.jpeg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Just wrapped these up for my daughters. SOLGW 11.5", Law folders, Romeo 5s, Surefire and Streamlight torches.

The spacer of the Law with the H2 buffer basically makes an H3 weight. These shot like my AK with a regular H; with the H3ish setup they match my 16" mids w/H. Much nicer. Cerakoting the green one is planned for the indefinite future.

Thank you, US gun laws for being so whacky I have to post these in a handgun thread. Polish_20201011_084641302.jpg

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You asked me years ago to keep an eye out for any cheap ones and I still do!
    I kinda gave up on finding one in shooter grade, so much so that I actually gave away the new-in-the-plastic magazine that I had for one.

I'd still like to find a well-used, affordable one that's not broken. Of course, that entire sentence just might be the definition of "oxymoronic". :)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

The only thing I have done with it since I got it, was shoot and clean it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Very interesting. I posted a pic of my Steyr GB earlier - it was also an early 80’s design and has a very long, stiff DA trigger. Lots to recommend it - 18 round magazine before that was a thing. Double stack but the feed ramp is wide enough that rounds are pressed straight in like a rifle magazine. At the time I was an engineering mobility team commander in the USAF and our issue sidearms were SW Model 15’s with equally bad triggers. I always figured I’d sneak it in my deployment bag if we were ever activated.
    View attachment 230062
    A buddy of mine bought a GB real cheap @ a gun shop closing. He never thought about an extra magazine for it until his wife there his one magazine away. He paid more for 2 used mags then he did for the gun.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I see the HK-70 trigger, and raise you the dumpster fire of this little gem:
    CZ100-1.jpg

My trigger scale maxed out before the striker fell.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I see the HK-70 trigger, and raise you the dumpster fire of this little gem:
    View attachment 230395

My trigger scale maxed out before the striker fell.

I haven’t seen one of those since they came out 15-20 years ago. I almost bought one. The trigger wasn’t that bad on the one I was looking at. I’m not arguing that yours isn’t bad.

It was funny because no one, not even the salespeople at gun shops knew what the one handed slide racker was in the middle of the slide. Even when I demonstrated it they still had that deer in the headlights look.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I haven’t seen one of those since they came out 15-20 years ago. I almost bought one. The trigger wasn’t that bad on the one I was looking at. I’m not arguing that yours isn’t bad.

It was funny because no one, not even the salespeople at gun shops knew what the one handed slide racker was in the middle of the slide. Even when I demonstrated it they still had that deer in the headlights look.

ROFL. It's got some quirks for sure.

Maybe the trigger isn't *that* bad... but compared to modern examples.. it's notably sub-par. :)

I have an example of another early Poly/Striker work, this one from Wilson Combat.
    WilsonCombatThing.jpg
    Trigger is better, but I'm trying to figure out how they made a 9mm kick like a .357.

I figured the CZ needed some company in the 'Why in the world would they...' section of the vault.

Top Bottom