• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    Wartime and a postwar BHP, S&W Pre 27, and a 1905 Target. Love that wood on blued steel.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_1610522133.jpg
      IMG_20200531_1610522133.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 209

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Where did you get that bucket? I remember seeing that ship (sub) in the mothball fleet in Bremerton,Wa.
    From my father. It was in the shed behind our house since I was a kid. It was full of old military issue utensils. When I was a kid I asked about it. He said it was a ship he was on. It wasn't until after he passed a few years ago that I realized it was a sub. He was a Marine from WWII thru Vietnam. I don't know why he would have been on a sub or have that bucket. I wish I would have know to ask before he passed.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    From my father. It was in the shed behind our house since I was a kid. It was full of old military issue utensils. When I was a kid I asked about it. He said it was a ship he was on. It wasn't until after he passed a few years ago that I realized it was a sub. He was a Marine from WWII thru Vietnam. I don't know why he would have been on a sub or have that bucket. I wish I would have know to ask before he passed.
    Cool! All the the subs in the mothball fleet are gone now, or at least they were when I had left. All the nuclear subs were cut up and the non nuclear subs, like the Sailfish, mostly used for target practice, but I remember seeing it for years while I was there.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

Way back, when I was stationed in San Diego, I had had buddy that was an unrated E-2 that was trying figure out what to do. He didn't want to be a Sea Bee cause he didn't want shore duty. So, we somehow ended up getting a guided tour of the Sailfish. Very, very enlightening and educational. Being 6'-2"+- and a fit 180 lbs., made for some difficult traversing in that tiny boat. The men that served on those old Diesel Subs have my undying respect and appreciation. A Salute to your Dad.

Good lookin' pistol too.

Top Bottom