• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just wanted to wish John Moses Browning, the man responsible for so many outstanding firearms but especially the pistol that celebrates its 100th anniversary this year, a very happy birthday on 23 January!

jmbrown.jpg

He had 128 gun patents approved during his lifetime.

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Awsome!
    Does anyone know of a good book to read based on Brownings lifetime. I was once told he spent time in prison for killing a man. While in prison he designed some military weapons.

John Moses Browning was a devout Mormon, and never spent a day in jail from what I have read. Someone was pulling your leg...

I've heard John M. Browning, American Gunmaker is a good read if you can find a copy. Otherwise, details of his life can be found here.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You're probably thinking about David Marshall Williams, who designed the short-stroke piston used in the M1 as well as the floating chamber operating system for firearms...

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    John Moses Browning was a devout Mormon, and never spent a day in jail from what I have read. Someone was pulling your leg...

I've heard John M. Browning, American Gunmaker is a good read if you can find a copy. Otherwise, details of his life can be found here.

Cheers! M2
    absolute tru no jail and that book iz xcellent red it three ortootimes and thanx major for the salute he dezervdit

Top Bottom