• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Just got one of these little pocket scales from Harbour Freight today. Got it home and checked it with one of my Pact scale's ck. wts. Was on the money with the 20 gram ck. wt. as you can see on the pic provided. For $10.00 advertised it isn't bad at all. Box has 5 yr. warranty written on it. For now, this looks like a good deal for bullet and powder checks. Anyways ..Thought I'd share this with you guys here. Merry Christmas !

View attachment 1601
    DK Firearms

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I could not find it on their website.
    Does is also weigh in grains?
    I don't know if I would want to have to do the math.......
    If it weighs in grains and holds the "0" that would be a good deal.
    I have a small scale like that and as long as it has a fresh battery it works great but as the battery discharges it stops holding the "0"
    He's a link for the scale and it does appear to weigh in grains.
    Amazon.com: US Balance US-MAGNUM-1000XR 1000 g x 0.1g Digital Pocket Jewelry Gram Scale: Office Products

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Good info since I seem to almost live at Harbour Freight. Just got back with an $80 portable air compressor that only cost me $40 with a coupon...back to the scale. Have a couple of small digital scales that have served the purpose quite well; one an ebay buy for $15 and the other a Frankford Arsenal on sale from Midway for about $18. Both hold calibration well and I use them to check against each other. While the seasoned veteran handloaders don't usually seem to like these cheap scales; using two in conjunction has worked for me so why not.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Weighs in Grains

Yes, it does weigh in Grains. It has several other modes for weighing in Grams and oz. also. The HF flyer I got last last Friday said the sale ends in Jan 4th of new year. Works good enough for a cheapy. The only drawback being a 2 AA battery ., but for the price ...hard for me to pass up.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yes, it does weigh in Grains. It has several other modes for weighing in Grams and oz. also. The HF flyer I got last last Friday said the sale ends in Jan 4th of new year. Works good enough for a cheapy. The only drawback being a 2 AA battery ., but for the price ...hard for me to pass up.

I hope it works for you, Im not a fan of HF due to past experiences with them. I see those scales on ebay often. Does this scale have a port for a a/c adapter?

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    No Sir, Didn't see one on this scale. I have an old Pact scale that also used batteries, this used a 9 v. Have had it for 10 yrs. I believe. I finally sent it back to Grand Prairie last week. I hope to get it back before it gets lost in the Christmas shuffle. I wanted this for quick weight check and use my Pact to confirm. Guess I'll have to wait for now. Maybe they will add a plug in for this later in another model. Who knows.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Re-checked Scale

I double chk'd my scale in grains against my RCBS 5-10. It was off .5 tenths . Then I used the chk weight from my Pact scale that was sent off to be fixed. I hope I get that back soon as I've have had and used at least 8 - 10 yrs. It too is +/- .1 gr. same as this pocket scale advertises. I don't know fellas, if i can also recall ..my RCBS 5-10 is was also advertised at +/-.1 gr. back then. That .1 grain difference has not effected me in the past. I don't know if that .5 tenths will effect my bullet if any at all. AS for powder, my advice on that is if you find a load for your gun using a particular scale ...stick with it. Don't change unless 2 different scales read the same and are calibrated each time. Other then that for now ..weighing bullets for me just got faster to cull out. LOL..I'm still waiting for my old BBK Pact to make it back in time before Christmas rush hits the mailing system hard.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I bought one of the Harbor Freight scales and have absolutely no complaints about it. The SKU # is 97920 and it is listed in their current flier for $10.99. I have beam and digital scales but did not compare the weights one to another. Instead, I used standard calibration weights and checked it for repeatability in measurement. I found no issues.

Incidentally, I checked out their scales and found that this unit is the only one that they carry that measures in grains.

Flash

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    Thanks, guys.

Are you saying you've found a .5 of a Grain variance? This is 1/2 grain, no?

or did you find .5 "tenths" variance?

I'd like to use one of these to double-check some ADCOM ammo.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Yes...I found a 1/2 grain difference on mine...5 tenths. Too much IMO for reloading . For bullet weighing is what i'm using mine. However, I weighed 10 grs. and checked it on my RCBS beamer and it weighed the same.
    I'd be careful and double check to make sure. Good luck.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom