• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Some call them tonneau covers. I'm looking for one, would like to know what others have and well they work. I'm looking at one that is metal and folds, Peragon is brand name. So far they don't have it for my new Ridgeline.
    Lynx Defense

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Both my wife and I have the metal retractable types that rollup - I highly recommend this type.

Mine is older and I don’t find a brand name. I’ll check on the wife’s brand shortly…

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Brand name is Retrax
    (and truck needs washed)

IMG_5422.jpeg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I had a back flip. Worked well until I was in a hailstorm and got a dent at one of the seams and lost it’s weather resistance. It was still okay even with the pock marks all over, but I finally removed it after the back latch busted out. I probably could have fixed it, but it looked like chit from the hail and was faded and scratched up from being parked outside all this time I bought it second hand and had it on my truck for 7 years so no telling how old it was. Mine was the cheaper aluminum shell, and if I were to do over again I’d get the more premium poly skin.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If you've got a full-sized super/extended cab (ie, not a regular cab or a crew cab), I could make you a deal on a tri fold cover.
    eta full-sized

Last edited:

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have a bakflip on my truck and really like it. It’s about 7 years old now and is no longer water tight but still does good enough for what I need it for.
    We have that one on my wifes Tundra. Nice cover and sturdy enough to dance on top of.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I have a 2024 Honda Ridgeline. Wife and I have no need for a full-size hard-core pickup. We'll rarely haul anything more than a few bags of potting soil or an ice chest full of beer, so it works great for us. I will have to look at what Honda offers.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I've had a Peragon cover on my Power Wagon since 2012, it's been a great bed cover. The one thing that's really handy about it is you can remove it in a couple minutes if you need to haul something large in the bed.

I had an Under Cover 1pc hard bed cover on my 2007 Colorado. Great bed cover if you never haul large items in the bed. It is easily removed, but really takes two people to do it because of the size of it.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I've had a Peragon cover on my Power Wagon since 2012, it's been a great bed cover. The one thing that's really handy about it is you can remove it in a couple minutes if you need to haul something large in the bed.

I had an Under Cover 1pc hard bed cover on my 2007 Colorado. Great bed cover if you never haul large items in the bed. It is easily removed, but really takes two people to do it because of the size of it.
    Did you install the Peragon? It looks like it could be difficult for someone of my limited mechanical abilities.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’ve got a Bakflip F1…I’d buy another.
    Here’s a vid

I do not recommend the Bakbox toolbox accessory. It’s super flimsy and I definitely would not buy another.

datatech2550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2014
    I've had both Retrax and Roll-n-Lock and they both worked well.

The Retrax had the lock drilled out and the latch handle damaged when someone broke into it. I emailed the company looking for a new latch, the CSR told me it had a lifetime warranty and sent me the parts for free.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Thanks for the responses, but for the Ridgeline, any top that uses bed rails cuts into the space that allows the in-bed trunk to open all the way. I'm real picky that way, wanting to get full use of what I've paid for, so that kind of cover won't work. I'll go with the Honda OEM since it's the only one I've found that works the way I want it to.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom