• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I wonder about security. I'm pretty sure that they do not allow carrying. Do they wand you upon boarding, or what do they do to enforce "no firearms"? I heard thru the grapevine that they do not use a metal detector, but instead, randomly check luggage.
    Hurley's Gold

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    No carry on; firearms in checked baggage only. Locked case, unloaded, only you have key, like on planes. Firearms may only be carried on trains that offer checked baggage service. You must call at least 24 hours ahead to notify and there is a $10 fee for checking a firearm.

There are few, if any metal detectors; however, if you are found to be illegally carrying, you will be trespassed and you might be charged. In any case, you'll look like a tard and give the antis a free shot in the press.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A guy I worked with took Am Track to see his son in Minnesota. They guy has money but is very frugal. He said it was worse then being on a Grey Hound & flew home. I think his son bought the plane ticket.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Amtrak. Reminds me of the old Cold War joke. The US was looking at putting nuke missiles on a tracked system, so they could be moved frequently to make Russian targeting of nuke launch sites more challenging.

Some wag observed that they should just put the missiles on Amtrak. Then we would not even know where they were at any given time.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    @striker55 might could advise. He took a train ride up north last year I believe
    Yes I rode last year Houston to Utica NY. I did not take any weapon's, didn't like it. My final destination is totally no carry to out of state visitors. I don't recall seeing any signs about no weapons. No metal detectors for the luggage, I stored my suitcase in the open public area.

Top Bottom