• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Now days, there are gadgets and gizmos attached to gas cans, all in the name of cleaner air and safety. Unless you are fortunate enough to have an old gas can, it can be very frustrating filling up the mower, tiller, generator, or weed trimmer. I think the new contraptions are actually doing more harm than good.

This may be the answer to all the gurgling, splashing, spilling, and slow flow problems caused by the, "environmentally friendly", gas cans that have been forced upon us by the EPA.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...b=942524&l=58_HTML&u=514132&mid=7292911&jb=31
    Lynx Defense

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The one I bought many years ago that was self locking has lasted me awhile with no problems until lately. My grandfathers older metal cans with the attach spout lasted a lifetime. I don't understand why they felt it necessary to get away from that design for "environmental" issues. With the cans secured they were fine.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The fancy spouts on the new cans don't last but a few months. Then they quit sealing. And this is an improvement for the environment??

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    but think of the poor children that die from not having a safe poor spout on you can!!!!

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The fancy spouts on the new cans don't last but a few months. Then they quit sealing. And this is an improvement for the environment??
    Mine lasted 5 years. I know that still sucks in comparison to the old style, but a few months? Might have been a bad batch or a crap design to begin with.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have a couple press to pour spouts and yea they are a real pain but you can fix them by removing the press “valve”. Usually it pops out with a screwdriver.

A few others I simply remove the nozzle entirely and pour from the can. The auto parts store has a few different size funnels that work well for This and I have one trimmed just to fill the mower. It’s not optimal but it works.

Watch out for the little gravity fed gas can that has a squeeze nozzle that looks like a gas pump nozzle. I found those things leak at just about every connection point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i just bought a replacement spout for old cans at Tractor Supply, $10, and it came with 2 collars (fine and coarse). Now I'm spilling gas everywhere filling up the lawn equipment and minibikes

Sent from my SIG Sauer

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    This may be the answer to all the gurgling, splashing, spilling, and slow flow problems caused by the, "environmentally friendly", gas cans that have been forced upon us by the EPA.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...b=942524&l=58_HTML&u=514132&mid=7292911&jb=31

In stock and on the shelf (peg hanging on the wall) at your local Tractor Supply store. I might have picked up a couple myself.

i just bought a replacement spout for old cans at Tractor Supply, $10, and it came with 2 collars (fine and coarse). Now I'm spilling gas everywhere filling up the lawn equipment and minibikes

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Then you're doing something wrong. Did you put the vent in?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    In stock and on the shelf (peg hanging on the wall) at your local Tractor Supply store. I might have picked up a couple myself.

Then you're doing something wrong. Did you put the vent in?
    yeah i did. It just flows so damn well and I'm used to having to flip the whole 5gal jug upside down and actuating the valve or whatever.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    this is what y'all want, about $11 and pours faster than you will anticipate lol
    cd28cc045a5d86a59d09720f925e449c.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    this is what y'all want, about $11 and pours faster than you will anticipate lol
    cd28cc045a5d86a59d09720f925e449c.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Yep, that's the same one Sportsman's Guide has. The secret to the pour is the vent hole, which the new cans don't have. It looks like you can just drill a hole and install the vent with this kit.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Yep, that's the same one Sportsman's Guide has. The secret to the pour is the vent hole, which the new cans don't have. It looks like you can just drill a hole and install the vent with this kit.
    or if you are extremely impatient, you can cut a hole with your pocket knife and then fill the gaps in later with shoe goop.

honestly there was no reason for me to do it that way. sometimes i just don't think.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom