• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Because all cops are thoroughly trained and expert? The TCOLE minimum is a joke. I bet I know people who can shoot better than you. Should you be stripped of your right to carry because of your relative deficiency?

Either all people are free, or nobody is. An arbitrary definition of "competency" does not increase public safety, and is a tool used by the Left to disarm American citizens. Get off your high horse.
    ^^This... ^^

The right to keep and bear arms is an individual and inherent natural right. Anyone should be free to carry a gun without the permission of government and without proof of competence and should be judged for their misdeeds only after such.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    ^^This... ^^

The right to keep and bear arms is an individual and inherent natural right. Anyone should be free to carry a gun without the permission of government and without proof of competence and should be judged for their misdeeds only after such.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Yep. That's not to say that people shouldn't exercise personal responsibility and make sure they can safely use and secure what they carry. But it's not freedom if it depends on a government flunkie doling out permission slips when they feel like it.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    The LTC class leaves a lot to be desired - no argument. When I took my class, I thought it was a bit of a joke. That said, I stand by my point - people who carry guns ought to be competent and knowledgable about their weapon and the law. What is the world is wrong with that?

Same here. There were 8 of us in the LTC class I took. Being an escapee from Calif, I also held several out of state permits, and this was one of the easiest I took (Nevada being the most difficult). 4 of the people, from the same family, all brought brand new firearms still in the factory boxes, and some did not have the correct ammo. I'm not sure if they knew which end of the gun the bullet exited from. Their targets, looked like they were in a shotgun class.

Everyone passed the class....I firmly believe that everyone who is not a "Prohibited Person" should be able to purchase a firearm for self defense, hunting, etc. However, when it comes to carrying in public, I feel that proper training, and licensing is necessary for the safety of everybody, including the carrier.

Flame suit on.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    "it is never okay to target their homes and businesses when you know they are not in town."

Someone's home should be off limits period, whether in town......or not.....imho......

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    "it is never okay to target their homes and businesses when you know they are not in town."

Someone's home should be off limits period, whether in town......or not.....imho......
    I dunno, they target me all the time. My mailbox gets stuffed with their fliers, I get robo-called, and people do knock on my door for their candidate. From what I read, I give McNut credit. The fed govt, state govt, county govt, and city govt is all jacked up and I am being over taxed at every level. Perhaps another revolution is in order. I mean c'mon the last one was from over taxed tea.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    McNut called in on KLBJ AM this morning and spoke well for himself, IMHO. According to him he didn't target anyone, he was just in the neighborhood going door to door. He said he had no interaction with the guys family at all, just the DPS outside who volunteered to take the flyer and put it on the door for him. Everything was hunky dory with everyone he interacted with he said. This just sounds like a convenient excuse to drop the bill.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Here's an easy Compromise

Everyone in Texas has to pass the background check and shooting test.

If you can't, then....

qVsyUhi.gif

Everyone who's left has Constitutional Carry and we get rid of all of the Criminals and Poor Marksmen.

Attachments

• qVsyUhi.gif
      qVsyUhi.gif
      437.6 KB · Views: 283

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Oh but that only applies to the ruling class. They can come to our houses.

Nope....I won't open the door to them either........leave me alone at home.......no soliciting goes for soliciting votes too.....

Not making excuses for Bonnen........he is a weasel and a peckerwood...and a liar to boot.........

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    So I want to recap:

We had a CC bill from Rep Strickland

It wasn't looking promising due to a bunch of RINOs that Speaker Strauss put into place before he left
    They were doing their best to see it never got a vote

Then this idiot who is supposed to me on our side.. named....get this. .McNutt....goes to the homes of the speaker and others who were opposing it and gets picked up by DPS

This was all the excuse they needed to kill the bill , so Rep Strickland (a good legislator )
    Pulled the bill after the nutt job stunt

We are screwed for another 2 years

Have I missed anything???

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    So I want to recap:

We had a CC bill from Rep Strickland

It wasn't looking promising due to a bunch of RINOs that Speaker Strauss put into place before he left
    They were doing their best to see it never got a vote

Then this idiot who is supposed to me on our side.. named....get this. .McNutt....goes to the homes of the speaker and others who were opposing it and gets picked up by DPS

This was all the excuse they needed to kill the bill , so Rep Strickland (a good legislator )
    Pulled the bill after the nutt job stunt

We are screwed for another 2 years

Have I missed anything???

Yep. Show me anywhere where the DPS "picked him up" for anything. Show me where he singled anyone out by going door to door and distributing hand bills. Show me where he did anything wrong or made any threats to anyone. As I posted earlier he claims he had no issues with anyone and was not apprehended by any law enforcement for anything. Assuming his claims are true this was just an excuse to drop the bill when they didn't want to support it anyway and this was an easy excuse blown out of proportion to what actually happened.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The Houston Chronicle portrays him as an "outraged gun rights activist" posting "rants" online. But here is what they say happened.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...intercept-gun-rights-activist-at-13743180.php

Said he handed them a card and left.

Looks like a real non event to me with some overblown descriptions. His interview on KLBJ followed along these same lines other than he said he spoke to the DPS for a little while and they offered to post the handbill for him. I don't necessarily agree with what he did but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with what he did. Other than giving them an easy excuse for dropping the bill.

Bonnen's wife was freaked out by a picture of an "assault weapon" (probably an AR15) on his T-shirt which she called a machine gun. Please! Pictures are now upsetting to people!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom