• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    texas
    Texas Legislature Online - Committee Membership
    Lets get this rolling folks. Call and email all of these committee members.
    I have called and visited with every members staff. The only negative opinion I have noted was from ALLEN FLETCHER.
    Allen Fletcher's staff quoted him by saying he does not support open carry. As a retired Houston LE officer, he claims Texans should not open carry.
    This opinion has nothing to do with a view to prevent crime.
    Use the LSCDL messages that will be provided for this campaign and contact every member of the Homeland Security Committee.
    Concealed Carry and Open Carry should be an individuals choice.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Be sure not to harass these guys! If you are making calls, be respectful and courteous, you are representing not only yourself, but the whole of gun owners in Texas.

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Georgetown, Tx
    My wife is the Texan in our family and I will have her send an e-mail as soon as i get a chance to call. As for me, I would like to see North Carolina adopt "open carry" also, and with Rep. Walter B. Jones (R) sitting at the moment, I think we have a good chance. If not, I hope Texas will take me as a citizen lol. By the way, lots of good info on this forun, keep it up.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    My wife is the Texan in our family and I will have her send an e-mail as soon as i get a chance to call. As for me, I would like to see North Carolina adopt "open carry" also, and with Rep. Walter B. Jones (R) sitting at the moment, I think we have a good chance. If not, I hope Texas will take me as a citizen lol. By the way, lots of good info on this forun, keep it up.

Why not both of you send e-mails? And both e-mail NC as well? No rule against it. LOL

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    We need to appreciate the fact that some members of the Texas house and Senate have worked hard to advance Concealed carry on campus bills like HB 86 (Allen Fletcher), and they may have been influenced by sentiments sympathetic to the notion that Texans should not be entrusted with THEIR RIGHT to carry openly. Some pro-gun advocates are concerned that relaxation of restrictions upon holstered display will somehow conflict with concealed carry on campus legislative efforts. Nothing could be further from the truth. HB 86 (campus concealed carry), and HB 2756 (licensed carry)are separate issues standing independent of one another. I believe some folks in Texas haven't recognized the fact that the right to bear arms applies to every law-abiding citizen in Texas, not just to a select cadre of the "knighted" elite.

There have been concerns that "pushing" for recognition of the constitutionally protected right to carry may somehow or other alienate us from the "mainstream" of the Texas body politic. Texas Current provision for posting 30.06 signs applies to concealed handgun carry by concealed handgun licensees. Private premises rights and prerogatives under common law principles are assertable at any time by verbal or other visible posted notice prohibiting the display of firearms. This is a non-issue.

If every private premises authority in Texas posted a "no display of firearms sign" tomorrow - that IS THEIR RIGHT. I don't have a problem with that. The freedom to excercise the constitutionally protected right to carry a handgun publicly must nonetheless be restored to Texans forthwith. We can deal with private premises attitudes later. 139 years of Reconstruction Era -Jim Crow politics is enough !

If you want TO HELP RESTORE YOUR right to bear arms IN TEXAS - the Lone Star Citizens Defense League is mustering right now.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    where can a guy get their hands on that prewritten Lscdl letter to the reps? I am going to send out some letters tomorrow for all of our pro gun bills.

I plan on encouraging all of the blog readers to work on it as well. I'm gonna write my own letters for them to use for the other bills.

Also who are some good reps to write? I know mine will definately vote for it. I want to send about 50 tomorrow.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    LSCDL is a growing organization that is welcoming new memberships at this time. I had a hand in composing one of the messages that may be used by members as a template, or a reference for individual messages to legislators. I encourage those Texans who are seriously interested in participating in the effort to fully restore respect for the right to keep and bear arms in Texas to join the Lone Star Citizen's Defense League. In addition to Representative George Lavender, a small but growing LSCDL membership is largely responsible for the fact that HB 2756 is even before the Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee, and has excellent prospects for being enacted into law. A full-court press to enlist the support of legislators is now in order.

Whether you decide to join ranks with us or not, thank you for contacting the HSPS Committee , as well as your respective legislators to express your support for HB 2756, and HB 86 the campus concealed carry bill authored by Representive Allen Fletcher. LSCDL members can access information on lots of other bills before the legislature that could affect your right to own, transfer, and carry under Texas law.

LSCDL is not competing with other gun rights forums. We are all active members on existing forums like the rest of you. We are kicking discussion up a knotch. We are mustering, and coalescing our talents, energy, and resources to accomplish a long-overdue endeavor - restore respect for our constitutional form of self-government.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    HB 2756 has a hearing scheduled on this coming Thursday. Please call or write the committee members and ask them to vote favorably on this bill.

Oh, and join LSCDL! :D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom