• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wait...wait - according to "everyone", no such bill was gonna be introduced this session!!!

Way to go, Shane and the folks w/LSCDL - good work!!!
    Eating Crow 2.jpg

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Too bad it's not open carry (it's "licensed carry").

"Open carry" means that anyone who can legally own a handgun can carry it openly.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    "Open carry" means that anyone who can legally own a handgun can carry it openly.

WTF are you talking about? Open carry means you can legally carry a handgun, openly. Such as is done currently by cops, security, people on their own property, hunting, etc...

If this bill passes it will be a great victory for all Free Texans.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Unless I am missing something, this is not open carry.

There are no changes to;

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.

Unless THAT section is deleted or changed, if you intentionally fail to conceal you STILL committ an offense. You STILL have to be licensed for 46.02 (UCW) not to apply, and if you intentionally fail to conceal it is still an offense. All they have done is changed the name of the license.

I hope I am wrong; someone show me where I am missing something?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Unless I am missing something, this is not open carry.

There are no changes to;

Unless THAT section is deleted or changed, if you intentionally fail to conceal you STILL committ an offense. You STILL have to be licensed for 46.02 (UCW) not to apply, and if you intentionally fail to conceal it is still an offense. All they have done is changed the name of the license.

I hope I am wrong; someone show me where I am missing something?

Right on schedule. And right on point. That's kind of a buzz-kill.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Too bad it's not open carry (it's "licensed carry").

You are thinking about Constitutional Carry. Open Carry is Open Carry.

No sir.

Constitutional carry is the ability for a citizen who is legally able to own firearms to carry them in any way that suits them (open, or concealed) w/o any licensing.

"Open carry" is the ability for citizens to carry firearms openly w/o licensing, but not concealed. Many states allow open carry, but require a license for concealed carry.

This house bill is not about "open carry", but "licensed carry" (a step up from the current "licensed concealed carry")

If it requires a license, it's not "open".

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    WTF are you talking about? Open carry means you can legally carry a handgun, openly. Such as is done currently by cops, security, people on their own property, hunting, etc...

If this bill passes it will be a great victory for all Free Texans.

No, it will be a great victory for all those who have begged the state to give the a permission slip to carry.

Did you read the test of the bill referred to in the OP? It only allows those with a license to open carry not all free Texans.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No, it will be a great victory for all those who have begged the state to give the a permission slip to carry.

Did you read the test of the bill referred to in the OP? It only allows those with a license to open carry not all free Texans.
    Pay your poll tax, pay your speech tax, and pay your arms tax. Then you can exercise those rights.

Top Bottom