• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    I suspect you will always have an option to get a CHL even if constitutional carry passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    There will always be an LTC for reciprocity reasons.

We should: Pass removing off limits areas first, then Constitutional Carry with the off-limits areas gone. Makes for an easier sell at the Legislature. And doing both in the upcoming legislature (possible) would be great.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I suspect you will always have an option to get a CHL even if constitutional carry passes.

I don't know if all states with Constitutional Carry also issue CHL/LTCs (as they are now known in Texas). However, people will then complain it is a government "tax" to be 46.03 exempt.

Essentially, sections 46.02 and 46.03 would have to be nullified altogether; and I doubt that's going to happen at least during this session...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just FYI in case someone wants to do the research, we're talking about Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas (disputed), Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming generally allow individuals to carry concealed weapons in public without a permit. Missouri joins that group effective January 1, 2017...

EDIT: OK, I just read that Vermont is the only state that does not have any provision for issue of concealed-carry licenses, as none has ever been necessary. As such, Vermont residents wishing to carry handguns in other states must acquire a license from a state which is valid in their destination. All other constitutional carry states previously had concealed-carry license requirements prior to adoption of unrestricted carry laws, and continue to issue licenses on a shall-issue basis for the purposes of inter-state reciprocity (allowing residents of the state to travel to other states with a concealed weapon, abiding by that state's law).

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States#Unrestricted

texasjohnboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    North Texas
    I don't know if all states with Constitutional Carry also issue CHL/LTCs (as they are now known in Texas). However, people will then complain it is a government "tax" to be 46.03 exempt.

Essentially, sections 46.02 and 46.03 would have to be nullified altogether; and I doubt that's going to happen at least during this session...

Read SB 16.

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Is this bill dead? Is there any news? I have been hoping for an end to all the silly exceptions as to where a law abiding citizen can carry his or her pistol.

Top Bottom