• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claysshotgunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Abilene
    Howdy right back at ya, Vaquero.

I am on the volunteer committee that runs the Sporting Clays Shoot for Meals on Wheels each year. Been doing that over 10 years now. I can answer most questions about the hunt,

That being said, I do not know if they can accommodate the machine guns or not. I know they have harnesses for their ARs.

Last info from them, they were averaging 37.5 hogs each for 2 hunters on a two hour flight.

Claysshotgunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Abilene
    Most of the info is included in the video.
    The outfitter will supply AR-15 rifles and .223 ammo for your trip, included with the deal. You can use your own rifle if you want.

By the way, notice the drawing includes TWO shooters.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting that! Sounds like fun! Does one need a hunting license or is it eradication (which I understand doesn't need a hunting license, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The feral hog is defined as a exotic livestock In Texas according to Texas Parks and Wildlife Code Section 1.101(4) and Texas Agriculture Code 161.001(a) [4]. Because of this distinction, feral hogs are not owned by anyone until they express control of the animal, according to the Texas Agriculture Code Section 161.002.

In Texas, feral hogs may be killed by landowners or their agents on their property without a hunting license if the feral hogs are depredatory (causing damage) to land, livestock, and/or livelihood. This allows landowners to protect their resources and property from feral hogs and their destructive habits. However, it is a good idea for this group to have a hunting license if trapping or snaring will be used, as these activities could inadvertently affect wildlife species that require possession of a hunting license, such as white-tailed deer.

A hunting license is required when hunting feral hogs for trophy and/or food. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department outlines requirements in its annual hunting and fishing regulations publication, the Outdoor Annual. See the specific legal methods in this publication, but a hunting license permits use of firearms, snaring, and trapping in the fight against feral hogs.

As an exotic species, the feral hog may be hunted throughout the year with no closed season and no bag limit. Feral hogs may be hunted at night with the use of a spotlight, but it is a good idea to provide a courtesy call to your local game warden to let them know you will be hunting feral hogs. In addition, feral hogs may be controlled with aerial gunning with a permit from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Claysshotgunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Abilene
    VERY cool sweepstake !!

If I enter and win, I'm inviting baboon. :what: :green:

When you enter, you mean ! lol

We have seen several deals like that since it is for two hunters. Two guys split the cost and have a $50 cost. Or they each buy one for $100 and have a 1/50 chance to win.

Top Bottom