• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    We find this preoccupation with the cheap among shooters to be somewhat odd, particularily on the topic of ammunition.

It seems only reasonable for you to use quality ammunition in any firearm from which you expect the maximum in accuracy and reliabilty. It is perfectly forgivable to use junk ammunition for play and plinking (provided you clean your piece thoroughly after each session), but do not put substandard ammunition in the chamber if important results are what you are after.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    We find this preoccupation with the cheap among shooters to be somewhat odd, particularily on the topic of ammunition.

It seems only reasonable for you to use quality ammunition in any firearm from which you expect the maximum in accuracy and reliabilty. It is perfectly forgivable to use junk ammunition for play and plinking (provided you clean your piece thoroughly after each session), but do not put substandard ammunition in the chamber if important results are what you are after.

Who's "we"? I think it's kinda understandable to be cost concious on plinkin' rounds. Now, SD rounds - yeah, buy the best.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    See this is the result of the loss of the politic threads....same BS, but now it F's up an otherwise good thread. Looks like a good deal to me.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I didnt see anyone advocate the use of sub-standard ammo. I get a kick out of those who think their WWB from WM is soooo superior to Russian ammo. If the ammo's intended use is to kill humans who are a threat to you or to qualify you for the Olympics, buy expensive ammo.

For most everything else, 99.9% of those on this forum will never be able to tell the difference.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If the ammo's intended use is to kill humans who are a threat to you or to qualify you for the Olympics, buy expensive ammo.

For most everything else, 99.9% of those on this forum will never be able to tell the difference.

And don't particularly care about the difference. Does it go bang?
    That kid with the cigar --- he smart

Top Bottom