Hello from Azle, TX (almost)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pony, May 17, 2008.

1. Pony

Pony Member

May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    I moved to the US from England 3 years ago and spent my first two years in College Station and then Bryan TX. We had to spend a year in Los Angeles, CA and are almost done here now. We are under contract on a property in Azle TX and hope to be out there by July 5th.

The wife is a Texan, and I got here just as soon as I could ;)

Howdy y'all.

Never owned, or even saw in real life a handgun or rifle until I got here. I shot clays (skeets) in the UK, I now own 4 handguns, a rilfe and a shotgun. I passed my CCW the first year I got here. My wife says I am a British Red Neck, and I think thats a compliment ...

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the forum, and to the joys of being a Texan.

It's a shame Britain has such stringent laws because it's full of good people. I've been a part of a British car forum for about 5 years, and have met a few people from it.

3. longtooth

longtooth Active Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Well you redneck Britt, you are welcome at my table then when you get here. Couple a hundered miles away but I will feed you fine if you come.

4. brainiac

brainiac Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    Welcome neighbor, we live 8 miles southwest of Azle. My wife was a British subject; she finally naturalized last summer after being married to me for 28 years. Hope you and your wife enjoy the relative peace and quiet here. Check out the Parker County Sportsman Club, a really nice private shooting range that is cheap and easy to join.

5. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Welcome to forum and Texas (almost).

6. Pony

Pony Member

May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    Thank you for the warm welcomes.

I last day in CA is July 5th, and we are counting down the days.

7. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    Howdy and welcome to Texas Pony,its always good to be a texican. post up and ask all questions you want.

again its good to see you here

8. zaraster

zaraster Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    Welcome to the forum Sir

9. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Down with the British!:rofl:Welcome to the forum.

10. propellerhead

propellerhead Active Member

Time to stop wearing black all the time, geezer! And remember, here they are called "erasers" not "rubbers".

Welcome.