• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Hey there! I'm brand new here. I'm a 46 year old gal from Brazoria County. Been shooting very casually a few years and and trying to up my game. Been going to the range weekly lately with my Glock 26 and trying to improve.

I've had my CHL a couple of years now. Some barriers kept me from carrying as often as I should but I'm trying to get better at that now. A lot of my time has been invested in taking my boys to shoot, I've got two that shoot on steel challenge teams. Hubby carries too and we have developed this lifestyle over the past five years or so.

On another forum (not gun related) I'm a very active member, but started to feel like my time there was wasted. I don't spend time on Facebook much or anything like that.

I really hope you guys can help me figure out the ropes here and spend some good time at this forum.
    DK Firearms

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks all! I tried to mosey over to the Ladies forum, but it is password protected. I read the forum rules... Didn't see anything.

Do I need to develop a presence/ quality posts here before I can access?

I am looking tonight for recs on a gun belt and was gonna ask in there. But honestly, I am a bigger lady and might just go with a men's belt anyway.

I tried to tell my silly hubby that I was wanting one for a twentieth anniversary present coming up in October, but he shut me down before I even got that far with teasing that why is a present needed (insinuating that being married to him was present enough). Haha yes truly it is. Keep telling yourself that, sweetie, I teased.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome.
    There have been several threads on belts. The search function should pull them up for you.
    Look at the TGT Family Reunion threads too. There is sure to be folks there that can help with that.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    Howdy from next door in Fort Bend County. Nice to see another lady shooter. My wife does a bit of shooting with me. Heck, I bought her an SP101 for Christmas and a PPS M2 for her birthday!

Good luck and hope to see you around!

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Welcome from the unincorporated NE corner of Harris County.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

I'll check out those threads on belts.
    Moonpie, (And txpaulie) ,we shoot mostly out at Greenwood Gun Club. We were fortunate enough to get a membership a few years back when they were open to membership. My kids shoot (at least they did before a break over summer) at a private property setup in Manvel for their steel challenge team. I have also shot on private property outside Brazoria for A Girl and a Gun women's league this week.

I got a lot of pointers there at that practice that were real helpful. I adjusted my stance, fine tuned my trigger pull. It was really good. I'm going for another ladies' practice this coming Tuesday evening. A coworker of mine started taking an interest in shooting, and I've been helping her learn a few small things and it's been driving me to improve as well. I've bee taking her out to Greenwood as my guest after she gets off work on Tuesday and hanging out for an hour or so. It's been really nice.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!

I'll check out those threads on belts.
    Moonpie, (And txpaulie) ,we shoot mostly out at Greenwood Gun Club. We were fortunate enough to get a membership a few years back when they were open to membership. My kids shoot (at least they did before a break over summer) at a private property setup in Manvel for their steel challenge team. I have also shot on private property outside Brazoria for A Girl and a Gun women's league this week.

I got a lot of pointers there at that practice that were real helpful. I adjusted my stance, fine tuned my trigger pull. It was really good. I'm going for another ladies' practice this coming Tuesday evening. A coworker of mine started taking an interest in shooting, and I've been helping her learn a few small things and it's been driving me to improve as well. I've bee taking her out to Greenwood as my guest after she gets off work on Tuesday and hanging out for an hour or so. It's been really nice.

Cool. I'm a member there as well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As far as shooting goes it seems you are on the right track, as it is always better to get pointers on the range. Welcome!

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks! I am pretty excited about going to the other Girl and a Gun event on Tuesday evening. It costs just a few bucks but the help/fellowship is worth it. I've invited two co-workers to this event.

Top Bottom