• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfritz06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    East Bernard
    So, an admission to posting 20 something one word posts to get to 25 so you could access the classifieds. Ok.
    You have to start somewhere. Did I break any rules or not follow the proper post etiquette? Didn’t realize there were “post” cops on here. If you want to follow me, you’ll see I’ll be active in several other threads as well. As a matter of fact, keep an eye on the Optics thread and you’ll get a good report on the Vortex Fury 5000 HD AB Binos this upcoming Tuesday.
    Thanks for your input though…

jfritz06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    East Bernard
    T
    Howdy and welcome... if you're not just here to sell your stuff
    Thanks! The classifieds is just a bonus to all the other threads on here. I’m sure I’ll buy more than I sell and share/participate in all the other threads more than I’ll be buying and selling in the classifieds. I’m starting to second guess my thoughts about this forum and second guess the reviews. There’s quite a few sensitive members on here…..

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You have to start somewhere. Did I break any rules or not follow the proper post etiquette? Didn’t realize there were “post” cops on here. If you want to follow me, you’ll see I’ll be active in several other threads as well. As a matter of fact, keep an eye on the Optics thread and you’ll get a good report on the Vortex Fury 5000 HD AB Binos this upcoming Tuesday.
    I have to share @Hoji skepticism since many, many times we have the same words you just said. You may even be the exception to the rule and I hope you are.

See many of us see this as forum that happens to have a Classified Section, and treat it like it was a part of our community and social circles, not a Classifieds with a forum attached.

His skepticism is why I quit even welcoming noobs to the forum anymore. Why? Because many of them get their 25 posts, head to the free classifieds and never seen again on the forum unless they have something they want to sell.

That's it in a nutshell though. If you are here to be a part of the TGT community, then welcome.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Nope. No rules broken. Been my experience here that 100% of the time someone posts a shit ton of one word posts to get to 25 so that post 26 is something they are selling they turn out to be shitbags.
    I hope you are the exception.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …There’s quite a few sensitive members on here…..
    Don’t be so sensitive. See rule 10:

10) To participate in the classifieds forum at TGT you must have 25 quality posts or more. This rule was added to weed out scammers and gives TGT members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member before they decide whether or not to buy/sell/trade with you.

Quality is always subjective, but your posts haven’t really given anybody a chance to get to know you, and there’s a lot of F2F component to this place. In fact, we have a reunion at Texas Star 28 days from today. Be nice to see you out there.

jfritz06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    East Bernard
    I have to share @Hoji skepticism since many, many times we have the same words you just said. You may even be the exception to the rule and I hope you are.

See many of us see this as forum that happens to have a Classified Section, and treat it like it was a part of our community and social circles, not a Classifieds with a forum attached.

His skepticism is why I quit even welcoming noobs to the forum anymore. Why? Because many of them get their 25 posts, head to the free classifieds and never seen again on the forum unless they have something they want to sell.

That's it in a nutshell though. If you are here to be a part of the TGT community, then welcome.
    I completely understand, and to be honest, I found this forum searching for classified forums. After I looked around, you can definitely tell the classifieds is just a perk. I’m glad the classifieds led me here, exposing all the really good threads this forum has to offer. I’m glad to be a part of it and hope it is as good as it is on the surface. Some members are making me think otherwise….
    I can tell you I will be the exception and you will not just be seeing me on the classifieds. I enjoy learning from others advice on the various posts, and offering my advice when beneficial.
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Nope. No rules broken. Been my experience here that 100% of the time someone posts a shit ton of one word posts to get to 25 so that post 26 is something they are selling they turn out to be shitbags.
    I hope you are the exception.
    Just give it a little time, exceptions don’t happen in 25 posts… I’m not as quick to judge someone and don’t think it’s right for others to do so.
    If your so against the classifieds and the “shitbags” associated with them, have a discussion with the the moderators and try to convince them to get rid of the classifieds.
    Or; Stick to your forums and don’t worry about the classifieds.
    You’ll learn real quick you’ll only find “shitbags” when you’re looking for them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I completely understand, and to be honest, I found this forum searching for classified forums. After I looked around, you can definitely tell the classifieds is just a perk. I’m glad the classifieds led me here, exposing all the really good threads this forum has to offer. I’m glad to be a part of it and hope it is as good as it is on the surface. Some members are making me think otherwise….
    I can tell you I will be the exception and you will not just be seeing me on the classifieds. I enjoy learning from others advice on the various posts, and offering my advice when beneficial.
    Thank you for the welcome.

Just give it a little time, exceptions don’t happen in 25 posts… I’m not as quick to judge someone and don’t think it’s right for others to do so.
    If your so against the classifieds and the “shitbags” associated with them, have a discussion with the the moderators and try to convince them to get rid of the classifieds.
    Or; Stick to your forums and don’t worry about the classifieds.
    You’ll learn real quick you’ll only find “shitbags” when you’re looking for them.
    Understood. But don't be so harsh of @Hoji because he's been here since the beginning of the forum and seen lots things, and seen lots of members come and go. He's not sensitive, he's protective of this forum. He also has one of the most accurate BS meters I have ever seen in most people! Most of us have learned to trust his judgement and his opinions on most things. He's good guy too.

Stick around, get to know the members here, and enjoy yourself. Start some threads. Join in some threads. Make some friends. Join the Fall or Spring meets that are held.

jfritz06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2021
    East Bernard
    Understood. But don't be so harsh of @Hoji because he's been here since the beginning of the forum and seen lots things, and seen lots of members come and go. He's not sensitive, he's protective of this forum. He also has one of the most accurate BS meters I have ever seen in most people! Most of us have learned to trust his judgement and his opinions on most things. He's good guy too.

Stick around, get to know the members here, and enjoy yourself. Start some threads. Join in some threads. Make some friends. Join the Fall or Spring meets that are held.
    That’s my intention. I started a thread in the optics forum the other day and look forward to updating it Tuesday (just the first of many). It might behoove the all mighties to look around a little bit before calling people out on their “one word posts”.
    I’ll leave it at that before I say something that offends the almighty.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    T

Thanks! The classifieds is just a bonus to all the other threads on here. I’m sure I’ll buy more than I sell and share/participate in all the other threads more than I’ll be buying and selling in the classifieds. I’m starting to second guess my thoughts about this forum and second guess the reviews. There’s quite a few sensitive members on here…..
    I apologize for assuming a poor first impression of you. I appreciate your recent posts; the things you've said and having "more meat" in your posts. I think you may fit in here rather nicely. Please accept my apology.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nice to see an Intro thread starting off without any drama. :)

Welcome to the forum. If you're an F-class guy, where do you shoot? Bayou?

Top Bottom