Military Camp

Hello Patriots. New member, SE Montgomery Co. Need help choosing optics for AR10 platform.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullsi

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Montgomery Co, TX
    Still leaning how to navigate this site. I have an AR 10 with 18” barrel that needs optics, however I don’t have any idea as to what type of optic will suit my taste.
    I know I’m not interested in trying to hit zeros beyond 500 yards. I really like the AGOG, but it doesn’t have sufficent magnification in my opinion for targets beyond 300 yds. Plus I’m not thrilled about the short eye relief. My primary purpose for this weapon is for SHTF. All opinions welcome and/or weapons experts in the Houston area who could give me some ideas for optics to serve my purpose. Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

Bullsi

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Montgomery Co, TX
    For $400 you can't beat a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 5x25. Comes in MOA or MILS, also FIRST FOCAL PLANE. Lifetime warranty can't be beat either.
    King Turd, thanks for your suggestion. Are you satisfied with the quality? How does a manufacture produce a quality rifle optic, especially magnification 25 times for only $400?

Bullsi

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Montgomery Co, TX

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    King Turd, thanks for your suggestion. Are you satisfied with the quality? How does a manufacture produce a quality rifle optic, especially magnification 25 times for only $400?

The glass is good for the price point, not sure how they do it. Maybe technology advancements in glass? What was top of the line 15yrs ago is obsolete, so that technology is now cheaper to produce.
    The lower end Vortex is still made overseas. I'm sure the scope is priced so your paying for the free scope under warranty if it were to break. Even some of the other brands in the same price range are made overseas without the lifetime warranty, I'd rather get the warranty. If you have deep pockets & you want to spend $1500 + sure get a Swarovski, Leupold, Zeiss, Night Force...ect, but for only shooting out to 500 yards I'd rather save my $$$ for ammo.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX