• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texpacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Central Texas
    From central Texas. I am changing from a 30.06 1903 Springfield to a Bersa Thunder 380. I am not a gun nut. This will be the only weapon around. It's purpose is self-defense and I am in the process of obtaining a CHL. So before you start calling the little Bersa a "girly gun", let me tell you that all that falls on deaf ears or eyes in this case. At rapid fire, I put 9 rounds in the "x" ring or very close in on the 10 ring from 7 yards.

Gee, I didn't mean to start off defensive, but I have heard it all before. Until lately, I haven't fired a pistol for over 50 years. At that time, I couldn't hit the side of a barn standing in the middle of it. This time it didn't take long to learn with a few tips from a swat team who happened to be on the range the same day I was. I am a member of the Leon County Gun Club and the NRA.

Hope to learn a lot from all of you or ya'll as we say here.
    Venture Surplus ad

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    welcome! and congrats on the new found desire to carry a weapon for the safty of yourself and family. what i really recommend is knowledge and practice. no matter where you get the knowledge from please practice interpreting the information and making sure it is accurate and reliable.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Howdy, an' welcome! Ain't gonna hear no "girly-gun" comment here.....just got home, pulled my Sig P238 outta my pocket, laid it on the counter, an' started readin' here. Now...I *do* have other guns - includin' at least <cough> one or two .45's <cough> - but they're not always wearable given my.....ah.....portable food reserve. So the .380 beats a stick - an' if nuthin' else, buys me time. But I have a feelin' that 6 rounds outta the Sig will negate the need fer anything else as long as I do MY job an' put 'em where they should go.

Top Bottom