• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Wife says I'm so hard headed, concrete would buckle if my Mellon got close in an accident, so no need

/ sarcasm

sent from my cell phone, far far away

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Full Face Helmet, all the time.

Was working on my bike one day (new plugs, oil change, brake fluid change, etc.) and after getting done, I thought I should take it around the block just to test it. No helmet, just the sneakers I had on, shorts, etc. Bike sounded wrong, like maybe I had the plug wires mixed up or something. Went back to the house, double checked everything, grabbed my gear (just in case something happened since it sounded so off) and took off. Realized I had just never ridden without the helmet and the sound is MUCH different with no helmet.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Nothing to argue about. Just make sure you can own your choices.

I have 5 helmets, several leathers, a couple pairs of chaps, 4 pairs of gloves, 2 rain suits and 3 pairs of boots.

The only thing I will not ride without is eye protection. I have been down in the power ranger gear and I've been down without it. I was born lucky and god loves me. Safe bet I will leather up if I'm go'n out to drag knees, and I'm gonna have a helmet if it is raining when I leave the house.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Depends on where I am. If I'm in dfw I'll wear a helmet if I'm out of town I'll take it off.

Generally it's not you you have worry about its the dude driving down the road playing on his cellphone that is the problem.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Depends on where I am. If I'm in dfw I'll wear a helmet if I'm out of town I'll take it off.

Generally it's not you you have worry about its the dude driving down the road playing on his cellphone that is the problem.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

^^^this^^^....even with my recent "asphalt kissing" experience the only time that I will wear one is if I get caught in the rain or very heavy traffic.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Are you folks who don't want the govt to make you wear a helmet willing to sign a waiver allowing first responders and medical types to not be utilized if you suffer a head injury?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Where I grew up? No helmet. Down here? Well I'll just say I REALLY miss riding. My wife would be an absolute nervous wreck on top of that, and I have her and the family to think about too. I'll steal a buddies bike every now and then for a scoot around the neighborhood, but I don't own a bike anymore. But if that day comes, full gear will be worn. City Texans can't drive.

Further - On a bicycle? haha. Never have, never will. I stay to the tame walking/biking trails around the house where my worst nightmare is having to pause for some little kids on tricycles.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Are you folks who don't want the govt to make you wear a helmet willing to sign a waiver allowing first responders and medical types to not be utilized if you suffer a head injury?

Why would they do that?

They are paying the bills, or their families or insurance will(unless insurance requires a helmet for coverage).

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Mitigate the risks you want to and accept the outcome of the rest.

Personally, even with a full windshield I've had a large bug and a quarter sized rock hit my full faced helmet.

With contacts I'd at least have some good goggles on bare minimum and I like to keep my eyes protected from the sun as well with tented lenses...

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Why would they do that?

They are paying the bills, or their families or insurance will(unless insurance requires a helmet for coverage).

unforn. MANY riders don't have med. ins. let alone life ins. so the dead or brain dead just keep their families suffering ong after they're gone. either thru heavy medical bills or having to foot the funeral bill, out of pocket.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    unforn. MANY riders don't have med. ins. let alone life ins. so the dead or brain dead just keep their families suffering ong after they're gone. either thru heavy medical bills or having to foot the funeral bill, out of pocket.

Which wouldn't exist if they were wearing a helmet?

Either way they will have bills to pay. Just the ambulance showing up will be expensive. Will they wait to dispatch an ambulance until they can verify that the rider is wearing a helmet?

Top Bottom