• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I called and was told it was left pending and that it is not tabled. I spoke with a lady named Mary Anne. Not sure what all that means is there a way verify it's status? The number listed is for the action committee or so I was told.

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Current status shows "left pending in committee". Big difference from tabled. Could OP share his source?

jblosser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Left pending is normal at this point but it still means he has to schedule it to come up again or its dead, and most bills die this way or a variant. He still needs contacting to keep pressure on to let it get a vote.

Zekester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Uvalde
    Sorry....It is pending.....I have called all the members on the Committee....One person was against the bill but would vote yes to get it to the floor if it was brought up for a vote. I talked to Mr Pickett....I got the impression that he was in no hurry.....

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    of course Pickett is in no hurry....being a dang democrat.....how do we keep letting the democrats in charge of the dang committees......

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Just wrote Pickett, and my district rep (Strama, not sure what he can do but I asked him to be aware and do what he can to prevent its death in committee)

I cant call while at work.

Just emailed the speaker of the house also..

Last edited:

jblosser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Pending bills don't have to go on the agenda to be brought back up, but even if they did, it's 5 days' notice so it wouldn't be going on tomorrow's. I would not expect this one to come back up in the next week or two yet, that doesn't mean it's dead, very few things move that fast. Keep the (respectful) pressure on and if he doesn't move in the next couple of weeks it'll be time to start really yelling.

Top Bottom