• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've always been a patriotic person who loves our nation, her flag and the countless patriots who died to purchase our freedom.

Lately, though, the turds in Washington, DC have pissed me off to the point where flying my flag normally seems like I'm condoning their mismanagement and assaults on our Constitution.

My neighbor began to fly a Texas flag instead of his US flag and I knew exactly what he was saying.

My Buddy suggested that I lengthen the flagpole (it's a single flag pole) to fly the Texas flag ABOVE the US flag. That seems a bit disrespectful.

I thought about flying my US flag upside down but that's misuse of a genuine distress signal.

I considered getting a "Come and Take It" flag. Is that what I'm trying to say? Actually, I don't want any of the bastards in Texas at all!

I want to protest the turds in Washington whom I see as destroying our nation. I don't want to disrespect our flag, nation or the patriots who served.

Could you guys help me find an appropriate message?

Thanks

Flash
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I considered getting a "Come and Take It" flag.
    There's a guy a neighborhood over from me who has begun flying a giant "Come and Take It" flag off the back of his pickup. It's huge, maybe 4 feet by 6 feet. It does two things. One, it makes a statement. Two, it creates the worlds biggest blind spot to the right-rear of the driver. ;)

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I've always been a patriotic person who loves our nation, her flag and the countless patriots who died to purchase our freedom.

Lately, though, the turds in Washington, DC have pissed me off to the point where flying my flag normally seems like I'm condoning their mismanagement and assaults on our Constitution.

My neighbor began to fly a Texas flag instead of his US flag and I knew exactly what he was saying.

My Buddy suggested that I lengthen the flagpole (it's a single flag pole) to fly the Texas flag ABOVE the US flag. That seems a bit disrespectful.

I thought about flying my US flag upside down but that's misuse of a genuine distress signal.

I considered getting a "Come and Take It" flag. Is that what I'm trying to say? Actually, I don't want any of the bastards in Texas at all!

I want to protest the turds in Washington whom I see as destroying our nation. I don't want to disrespect our flag, nation or the patriots who served.

Could you guys help me find an appropriate message?

Thanks

Flash

See this reminds me of the little talk we had about 6 months ago in one of these threads. I knew I had good reason to be royally pissed off at what's going on in this country. I also had a good feeling 6 months ago that this wasn't just a passing phase, and unfortunately I'm afraid I was right. So many people told me it'll cool down after the election, but I can honestly say I didn't really believe it. Although I wanted to. There's not only a new epidemic of stupidity infecting this country, but there is also an anti American sentiment like I've never even heard of since the civil war.

Difference then was it was pretty clear, North against South.

Now, things aren't quite so clear cut. Many different factors to consider.

Personally, I still consider myself an American 100%, and will always honor, respect, and display the flag. It's those damn commies in Washington D.C. who are misrepresenting us, and their supporters look down their noses at everything that is truly American. They hate this country and everything it stands for. They focus only on the worst parts of American history, and use that as a reason to hate the foundation of our freedom. In 1791 let's face it, only certain people were "free" and some remained enslaved for another 100 years, then oppressed for decades after that.

Nevermind the fact that we've (aside from an ignorant few) learned from history and are trying to move past that, for some that is simply not enough. What they want is to see us with our rights taken away, the more rights they can take from us the better. Because when the Constitution was ratified in 1791, it was supposed to mean "freedom". Which it did for some. But others were undeniably denied even the most basic human rights for a long time after that. And today, most of the people on the left, whether they'll admit it or not, see that one of the only ways to right the wrongs of the past is to start denying people of fundamental Constitutional rights today. Really, I've thought long and hard about this, that is what it all boils down to in this country. And those factors are a perfect recipe for Marxist indoctrination.

But there are people like us in New York, Illinois, California, New Jersey, who I consider just as much of a fellow American as I do my people here in the south. I'll fly an American flag till a commie tells me to take it down then I'll fly 2 just to show them "F you I'm an American I'll fly my American flag if I damn well please". Screw them, people fought, got shot, and bled to death in a field so we could have that flag, and if the founders were living today they'd be on the right side of all this nonsense, that I can pretty much guarantee.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That MAY even be illegal. No matter it is unethical ...

When it is displayed from the same flagpole with another flag - of a state, community, society or Scout unit - the flag of the United States must always be at the top except that the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for Navy personnel when conducted by a Naval chaplain on a ship at sea.
    USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - Flag Etiquette

Thanks

Flash
    My neighbor did that for a while after the last election (beat me to it actually) but at this point I agree it's a misuse.

I'm gonna watch this thread to see what ideas come along.

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    Get involved with different groups//Tea Party,etc and go to their rallies.There area number of groups that do protests on The Illegal Invasion,etc.Go to NumbersUSA and send faxes.REMEMBER"IN THE BEGINNING OF A CHANGE,THE PATRIOT IS A BRAVE AND SCARCE MAN(WOMAN),HATED AND SCORNED.THE CAUSE SUCEEDS,HOWEVER,THE TIMID JOIN HIM FOR THEN IT COSTS NOTHING TO BE A PATRIOT"don't be discouraged if you only find 30-50 PATRIOTS there.You will get some car horns,a few thumbs up and some people that just turn their heads the other way.You will also get the bird.BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Maybe you could this made into a flag?

obama_finger.gif

Seriously though, I wouldn't put that next to the Texas or US flag. Maybe something other than another flag?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Obama finger is great!

The two questions that come up are:
    Is flying the US flag as I always have an indicator that I approve of the captain and his crew or where they are taking us?
    Is flying my US flag simply a way to honor fallen Patriots and my country regardless of the fools we have in office currently?

I won't do anything to dishonor or disrespect my country or her flag. That is Obama's job.

Flash

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I saw a guy with a huge sticker of the Flag alongside an equally huge sticker of the Constitution. Maybe there's a flag out there with an image of the Constitution that you could fly next to our beloved star spangled banner...

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    The Obama finger is great!

The two questions that come up are:
    Is flying the US flag as I always have an indicator that I approve of the captain and his crew or where they are taking us?
    Is flying my US flag simply a way to honor fallen Patriots and my country regardless of the fools we have in office currently?

I won't do anything to dishonor or disrespect my country or her flag. That is Obama's job.

Flash

The people opposing us hate our flag. Believe me they'd rather see Obama's symbol on that flag than the stars and stripes. So fly it. I drove past a middle school off the West Sam Houston Tollway (near Clay) a few days ago and theirs was upside down. No joke.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I drove past a middle school off the West Sam Houston Tollway (near Clay) a few days ago and theirs was upside down. No joke.

Probably a couple of kids that managed to screw with the flag while no teachers were looking. This used to happen outside an apartment complex I lived in every afternoon after the nearby school let out.

Sigmar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Arlington Tx
    "thought about flying my US flag upside down but that's misuse of a genuine distress signal." If this country isn't genuinely in distress then I don't know what is.

Top Bottom