• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Would someone who is honest be willing to show me(teach me) how to fix several different areas on my old dodge? I got a small shop with tools, air compressor, jacks, welders, presses etc etc. I want to learn how to replace calipers, drop a transmission to get it to the shop to fix it. How to properly bend fuel lines and replace all of them, how to pull a engine out and rebuild it the right way.
    Lynx Defense

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I might be willing to trade my time for gun stuff of almost any kind. I have managed a "brakes only" type establishment in the past and have spent over 12 years in the auto repair biz. If you have a place to put it on jackstands, then we can easily pull and rebuild or replace your calipers(I have hones,a vacuum bleeder, bleeder wrenches, bearing packer and other tools required). Now a days, it's usually cheaper to just replace them with rebuilt calipers and bleed out the system. Dropping your tranny is not light work, especially if your talkin' about a 4wd truck. Post some more details about it, and we can talk more. Engine size, auto or standard, 2 or 4wd, yr. model , carb or fuel injected, etc. If it's a manual trans. we could build it together on location pretty easily if you have a press, some bearing splitters and brass hammer(I also have all of these tools including clutch alignment tools). I also have a tubing bender and cutter, so the fuel lines are no sweat. Engine building is gonna require some time, an engine stand and machine work which will have to be done by a machine shop. In the austin area, I recommend Brooks Elliot for head or block work, he's the real deal. Sounds like a "project" vehicle which above all else requires patience and a place to store it while stuff is ordered or sent off for machining. I'll be waiting to hear some more details - Texmex

Top Bottom