• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Western Auto Supply Co. "Revelation" Bolt Action .410 (model R330B) I believe it is a Mossberg model 183T (sold @ Western Auto)

My brother in law had this gun and it is rusted to shit. It was his grandpas gun that was given to him. He asked if I could clean it up for him. I am working on removing ALL the rust, so it is a work in progress.

The problem I am having is, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to take the bolt & firing pin with the main spring apart. The small retainer nut that holds the spring in place unscrews to a point but that's it. Does anyone have a schematic or something that shows how to take this damn thing apart? Can anyone tell me how to do it? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Did you check Steves pages (7b) ? He's got just about everything on there. That or Numrich. One of them should at least have a diagram that might give a hint.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    OK, I did find that but it shows the striker already removed from the bolt body. It looks like the firing pin nut would come off allowing the spring to come off then the striker pulls out.....but when I tried to unscrew the firing pin nut it only went to a certain spot then stopped. There are 4 tiny horizontal slots (cut grooves) in the threading, almost looks like it is there to prevent the nut from threading off and loosing the spring.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    well my patience paid off.......................................ok, no it didn't

I encouraged the firing pin nut to go a little further, and it did unscrew and release the spring. After looking at it a little closer, that was the only way to remove the spring & striker.

Thanks for all y'alls help fellas....

Top Bottom