• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    I have an Anderson AR-15 (actually an AM-15). Want to mount a front grip with a 3 groove picatinny rail. Not finding one that will fit my front hand guard. Will this one fit? The pictures shown are of a different grip but this could work assuming the hole spacing is correct and the screws and nuts fit the holes.

Amazon product ASIN B07XB49845
    I had the grip mounted with a Picatinny gas block but the rifle would not cycle. The block was longer than my factory block. The gas hole passage did not align. Go figure! Put my factory back on and all is well.

Here's a pic of my front hand guard. It has 7 holes in the bottom to attach.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• front handguard.JPG
      front handguard.JPG
      20.4 KB · Views: 128

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah if you want to keep the delta ring set up just get a picatinny rail hand guard or magpul hand guard so you can utilize m-lok accessories. I recommend the magpul method. Cheaper and it’s good quality.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here's a view of the bottom of my hand guard.
    Edited: I’m not gonna knock someone’s taste. Here’s some things to consider:

1, leave it be. You have a hand guard with a heat shield. Nothing wrong using oem parts. Need a light because why? A cqb set up? You tell us. Most people don’t need to load a rifle up with accessories. It’s like tools. I say buy what you need for the job you’re looking to do. I hate a lot of accessories on a gun.

2, You have a carbine length hand guard. Magpul will be your cheapest option while giving you access to the most common accessories. Still gives you quality material with a heat shield.

3, you can find picatinny two part hand guards that will work with your delta ring. I’m not a fan of these. It does however give you a straight forward method of attaching accessories via picatinny.

4, read how to do away with delta ring hand guards and go free float. You will get more area to add accessories.

Last edited:

C7Z062019

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2020
    Sugar Land
    Here's a 2015 video of a rail being installed on my exact hand guard. He gives a link to the rail but says currently unavailable.

I shoot left handed. Would just be nice to have a grip be sure the brass doesn't get close to my arm when ejected.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here's a 2015 video of a rail being installed on my exact hand guard. He gives a link to the rail but says currently unavailable.

I shoot left handed. Would just be nice to have a grip be sure the brass doesn't get close to my arm when ejected.

I did not know someone made those. I had no reason to look for such a thing but it’s your gun. Order one. Seems exactly what you want. I’m sure someone has something in stock.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Try different words in google. This came up from “ar15 oem hand guard picatinny”

Top Bottom