• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Would a canik Tp9sfx be a good concealed carry gun ? And is it worth the $450 dollars ?
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• IMG_2580.png
      IMG_2580.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 36
    • IMG_2581.jpeg
      IMG_2581.jpeg
      127 KB · Views: 36

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    It's a great pistol (I've got one) but way too big for concealed carry. Great range gun or home defense gun.
    Thank you ! I’m still a mood to pistols as I’m in the process of trying to get my first one , appreciate the advice

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Thank you for this information, what do you recommend? Also this will be my first pistol ever

They make both a 4" and 3 1/4" barrel version of their gun.
    If you set on a Canik.
    As for guns there are just too many to list.
    Everyone has their own favorites.
    Top two in sales are probably Glock
    Shield plus for carry guns.
    Doesn't mean they are better than others just more prefered for what they are and offer. Price point is a huge factor as well.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I am a big believer in "small and light" because big and heavy will get left behind at home. Especially since this will be your first pistol.

Also, don't buy anything until you have held at least several different pistols for feel and comparison. Even better if you can shoot them - many gun ranges offer this possibility.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    They make both a 4" and 3 1/4" barrel version of their gun.
    If you set on a Canik.
    As for guns there are just too many to list.
    Everyone has their own favorites.
    Top two in sales are probably Glock
    Shield plus for carry guns.
    Doesn't mean they are better than others just more prefered for what they are and offer. Price point is a huge factor as well.
    Thank you again I really appreciate this

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Holster choice and belt choice are just as important as weapon choice. I carry full size and dress around what I carry. I do not while at home leave out the door with out carrying. I am older and cantankerous so I get by with it but you need to consider how you want to dress and see what you shoot well and build from there. You may shoot micro pistols well, but if you don't then more consideration in needed. I carry a Shadow Systems XR 920 which I shoot well. The only micro anything is a old school S&W model 36 j frame. If you can take a school and shoot a lot of pistols then build on that. We all start somewhere. Welcome to the forum.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Holster choice and belt choice are just as important as weapon choice. I carry full size and dress around what I carry. I do not while at home leave out the door with out carrying. I am older and cantankerous so I get by with it but you need to consider how you want to dress and see what you shoot well and build from there. You may shoot micro pistols well, but if you don't then more consideration in needed. I carry a Shadow Systems XR 920 which I shoot well. The only micro anything is an old school S&W model 36 j frame. If you can take a school and shoot a lot of pistols then build on that. We all start somewhere. Welcome to the forum.
    Appreciate that honestly! I’m going to check out an M&P compact tomorrow to try out and hopefully buy , wish me luck

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Would a canik Tp9sfx be a good concealed carry gun ? And is it worth the $450 dollars ?
    First off, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're on a pretty tight budget. So, my first recommendation is, pump the brakes. You're talking about making a purchase that one day you may have to rely on to save a life, most likely YOURS, therefore you need to make it count (I've always been on a budget and had hoped on making ONE good choice when I started to entertain defensive carry. Eight pistols later.....lol!). As has already been stated, find a range that rents, explain what you're attempting to do, and shoot everything they have, no matter the looks, OR THE PRICE (it's not the look of the gun that'll stop a bad guy, but the little chunk of lead coming out of the barrel everytime you pull the trigger). While you're doing your research, continue to save, you might be surprised at what your budget will allow. Also, as previously stated, belt and holster is a very important consideration, BEFORE you purchase, find out what options are available FOR THAT GUN (IMHO, generic stuff is a short term fix, you want a holster made specifically for your gun). The last consideration (but certainly not least) is comfort. The gun/holster/belt all have to come together COMFORTABLY, otherwise you’ll stop carrying (the first time you sit in your car, you'll understand what I'm saying). What's the right gun for you? No one knows but YOU. It has to fit YOUR hand, it has to feel comfortable when shooting it, to YOU, hence, go shoot everything you can find (I will suggest this, i'd probably lean towards the mid-size, for reasons I'll explain later if interested). Most importantly, be sure to post up what you eventually get. Good luck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom