• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerknight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Central Texas
    This may already be somewhere in here but I need to know if Henderson Co. has any laws about gun ranges on private property out side of city limits? Could anyone help me?
    Target Sports

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I reside in Henderson County as well. I have been googleing for the last 30 minutes and have found nothing. You may have to contact the county commissioner in your pct or the county clerks office.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This may already be somewhere in here but I need to know if Henderson Co. has any laws about gun ranges on private property out side of city limits? Could anyone help me?

Counties are limited to what State Law allows.

You are outside city limits but are you in the RTJ?

Are you in a subdivision?

How much acreage do you own?

How far away is the nearest occupied dwelling from your range?

Hammerknight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Central Texas
    Counties are limited to what State Law allows.

You are outside city limits but are you in the RTJ?

Are you in a subdivision?

How much acreage do you own?

How far away is the nearest occupied dwelling from your range?

13 acres, 200 t0 300 yards from dwelling, not in subdivision, not sure about RTJ. As it sets right now it is a pit dug into the side of a hill, I plan on digging it out some more and adding the dirt around the top to increase the height of it. It will be 100 ft or so long, really short but I'm going to scale down the targets. The are trees on top of the hill but I'm thinking about a 6ft wooden fence to edge around the dirt pile in the direction of the dwelling. I'm also thinking of some type of roof baffle set up to cover it because it is not every wide. It will be open enough for fresh air. At the most it will be just for my wife and I, so there will not be shooting everyday.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    For 13 Acres:

Sec. 229.002. REGULATION OF DISCHARGE OF WEAPON. A municipality may not apply a regulation relating to the discharge of firearms or other weapons in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the municipality or in an area annexed by the municipality after September 1, 1981, if the firearm or other weapon is:
    (1) a shotgun, air rifle or pistol, BB gun, or bow and arrow discharged:
    (A) on a tract of land of 10 acres or more and more than 150 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
    (B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract; or

(2) a center fire or rim fire rifle or pistol of any caliber discharged:
    (A) on a tract of land of 50 acres or more and more than 300 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
    (B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    For 13 Acres:

Sec. 229.002. REGULATION OF DISCHARGE OF WEAPON. A municipality may not apply a regulation relating to the discharge of firearms or other weapons in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the municipality or in an area annexed by the municipality after September 1, 1981, if the firearm or other weapon is:
    (1) a shotgun, air rifle or pistol, BB gun, or bow and arrow discharged:
    (A) on a tract of land of 10 acres or more and more than 150 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
    (B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract; or

(2) a center fire or rim fire rifle or pistol of any caliber discharged:
    (A) on a tract of land of 50 acres or more and more than 300 feet from a residence or occupied building located on another property; and
    (B) in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the tract.

In what code is that?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Had to google it as I keep forgetting. Now it is bookmarked. It s Local Govt. Code.

For reference, 229.003 was added in 2009 at request of Frisco.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom