Here in the Panhandle

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by welmack, Apr 22, 2008.

1. welmack

welmack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Amarillo, Tx
    I have been looking for a good forum where everyone is friendly and courteous and hope that I have now found it. We here in the panhandle are much closer geographically to four other states than we are to the majority of our own state, but being a Native Texan I really have a desire to be among you who are affected by the same state issues I am. Looking forward to a good relationship even though I am mostly a lurker. I don’t mind giving my point of view when asked or if the situation is open, but I realize my opinions are just that and that I am either right or wrong most of the time. If anyone should address an issue to me and I don't respond quickly it is simply because I don't stay on the computor every day, but I do try to check in every few days.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Welcome to the forum Weldon.

3. welmack

welmack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Amarillo, Tx
    Thanks. I've been looking around and liking this place more than ever.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here! Even though the panhandle is pretty far north, I believe we have a decent number of members up in and around the Dallas area, which should still be relatively close to you. Hopefully in the near future, with enough people in each area, we can start organizing some region specific meets/BBQ/range trips in the central (Austin/San Antonio/Etc), eastern (Houston/Galveston/Etc), and northern (all you panhandlers up there plus Dallas area! ;)) regions. It looks like we are already getting there in the central and eastern regions, so we'd be grateful to you and anyone else up there in North Texas if you'd help out in that regard. :)

5. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Welcome aboard...I think that's makes 6 of us from Amarillo now! (I'm actually in the huge city of Sanford though. :D)

6. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    I lived in Amorillo one time about 50 years ago. glad to have you. I am closer than most of these guys to you, I live in a small town near Abilene. Join in and help the rest of us out when you can:o

7. Bryce

Bryce New Member

May 5, 2008
    Texas
    Here in Amarillo also! Take care.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You should put that in your signature, it's been on half your replies. :rofl:

9. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Luckies....I'm the only Lubbockite here! Welcome guys!

10. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome.I married so I am wrong all the time.;)