• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 19114EVR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2021
    Austin
    Howdy and welcome!
    I got a few 1911s myself but shhhhh, don't tell anybody here. You might happen to start another heated 1911-vs-Glock debate. :D
    Would never want to do that. Really not much of a debate. Two completely different types of pistols. I can appreciate both. Very little in common except they both go bang.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Yup, but not so much lately. I've got a 2005 Road King. I'm riding it sparingly. I just had the camshaft bearing replaced (along with everything else it took out when it grenaded) and while they were fixing that they came across another issue that will need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
    txhorseRK.jpg

19114EVR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2021
    Austin
    Yup, but not so much lately. I've got a 2005 Road King. I'm riding it sparingly. I just had the camshaft bearing replaced (along with everything else it took out when it grenaded) and while they were fixing that they came across another issue that will need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
    View attachment 292071
    Very nice Road King! Looks like new. The TC 88's can have a few issues. Been lucky with my 2006 Springer 88cu. No issues in about 11k miles. Hope to see you on the road sometime. Who does your service work?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Very nice Road King! Looks like new. The TC 88's can have a few issues. Been lucky with my 2006 Springer 88cu. No issues in about 11k miles. Hope to see you on the road sometime. Who does your service work?
    Previous owner had it bored out to 95 when it was new, hotter cam, higher compression, and everything else to go along with it. Not sure if I'm paying for it now. Cowboy HD did the cam bearing work. They were decent. Parts added up though. I'm open to suggestion for a reputable shop. I've got a ticking sound that Cowboy says is probably a piston scoring the cylinder wall.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just looked at your picture. Nice bike! Looks like you travel some on that bike based on the gear strapped on.
    Yeah, I spent over two months travelling across the country in 2012. Spent the winter in Lincoln, Neb. and said "screw that" and headed south to Texas.

19114EVR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2021
    Austin
    Previous owner had it bored out to 95 when it was new, hotter cam, higher compression, and everything else to go along with it. Not sure if I'm paying for it now. Cowboy HD did the cam bearing work. They were decent. Parts added up though. I'm open to suggestion for a reputable shop. I've got a ticking sound that Cowboy says is probably a piston scoring the cylinder wall.
    Cowboy HD has done a lot of service work for me as well. Brian the service manager is a solid dude. They have always been pretty fair, I would probably stick with them for your year bike. I have thought about doing the 95inch upgrade on my Springer but it runs so good I just don't want to mess with it. If I run into issues down the road maybe then.

19114EVR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2021
    Austin
    Yeah, I spent over two months travelling across the country in 2012. Spent the winter in Lincoln, Neb. and said "screw that" and headed south to Texas.
    Haha. I hear you on that. Gotta love Texas!. Also did some touring. All over the western states many years ago. I miss those road trips. Thinking I may be ready for another one soon.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Haha. I hear you on that. Gotta love Texas!. Also did some touring. All over the western states many years ago. I miss those road trips. Thinking I may be ready for another one soon.
    Yeah, I left Portland, Ore. with no real destination in mind. The only reason I stopped in Lincoln is that I stayed with my uncle.

Top Bottom