• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    What he said, the Bush bunch are progressives, I voted for Bush and regretted it. We're moving left with each new administration and it will take a strong conservative to move the bar back center. Time to vote for someone who truly believes in America and the Constitution having said that I won't hold my breath far too many uninformed voters, add the corruption in the voting system gives us a bleak out look.

Nope. It will take a less progressive electorate to "move the bar back center". The problem is that the liberals took over the public education system decades ago and those students have grown up to be liberals. Conservative parents who give their childrens education over to the public schools are part of the problem. It is not realistic that a person hearing that America and its founding fathers are/were terrible from K-12 and in college will vote for anything other than a democrat when they are adults.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The word is that was a taunt. He knew it couldn't pass.

Q: You said if Congress would vote to extend the ban on assault weapons, that you’d sign the legislation, but you did nothing to encourage Congress to extend it.

BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move.

George W. Bush on Gun Control

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nope. It will take a less progressive electorate to "move the bar back center". The problem is that the liberals took over the public education system decades ago and those students have grown up to be liberals. Conservative parents who give their childrens education over to the public schools are part of the problem. It is not realistic that a person hearing that America and its founding fathers are/were terrible from K-12 and in college will vote for anything other than a democrat when they are adults.

The electorate isn't that progressive. There's a reason the number of people actually voting goes down every year. It's not laziness, it's complacence over the crap we have to choose from.

"Hi, I'm Barack Obama. Vote for me!" "Hi, I'm Mitt Romney. I'm just a white Obama. Vote for me instead!"

Yeah, really great choices there... The GOP is actively blocking the grassroots (you know; the voters) from stopping the leftward slide of that party. They've done a hell of a great job subverting the Tea Party.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I have to keep reminding myself that most comments I read on the forums are from people that are too young to remember how changed the world is from my youth. Both the Bush and Kennedy Dynasties have run their course and we don't need another generation of either. Politics shouldn't be a team sport, it is meant to be a Representative Republic where the elected are the servants of the people!

Top Bottom