• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I plan to go one of the days. Anyone else looking at going?
    Really wanting a nice 10/22.

http://www.hgca.org/

If I don't go to the gun show, I may just people watch the tattoo/body art show next door :cool:
    ARJ Defense ad

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I plan to go one of the days. Really wanting a nice 10/22.

If I don't go to the gun show, I may just people watch the tattoo/body art show next door :cool:
    Fwiw, AJC sports out of Katy had a nice selection of 10/22's, some stock, some with fiber optics sights, etc. at the Geo. R Brown show yesterday. Starting around $199 and going up depending on options.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks and curious, are you associated with AJC? It's a legitimate question.

Premier Gun show? Went to the Conroe show last month, didn't really excite me. Maybe Houston's is better

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    I might go. Not really looking for anything at the moment unless I can find someplace to sell some plasma to fund building my versions of some of the nice stuff at the shoot yesterday.

Radioman

midnightyell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Negative. I just remembered it vividly because I was hemming and hawing about buying one of the two or three at that price and some guy and his buddy who were buying a glock decided to add them all to their order.

Snooze you lose, right? Saved me the grief of explaining why I went to the show "only to help my friend find a pistol" and came back with 1,000+ rds of ammo and two guns. :P

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Well, I'm not sure about midnightyell; but I will second any recommendation of Alan at AJC Sports. My association with them has been as a satisfied customer, I've bought several Springfield 1911s and my Saiga SGL as well as several other firearms from them. I have always found them to have the best prices on new guns, but what I really appreciated was that on one pistol that I asked them to look for the price went up from the time I put my request in for one and when they were actually able to get one. I noticed the difference but Alan stated that he would sell it to me for the price he quoted me at the show the month prior (even though I didn't ask them to get it until a couple of weeks later). I was so impressed that I ended up buying a second 1911 from them on the spot!

Cheers! M2

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Negative.
    Thanks. Was just curious, you understand. If I go to the show I'll be sure to look them up.

@ M2: That's quite an endorsement coming from you. Had I known of them earlier this month, I could have stopped in due to my travels. Maybe next time around.

midnightyell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Thanks. Was just curious, you understand. If I go to the show I'll be sure to look them up.
    Certainly understand.
    I only noted the vendor because my buddy found his M&P 40c at their table for $40 cheaper than anywhere else at the show and they had the best price I saw on 10/22's as well. When they spank the competition like that, you pick up a card. :D

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm heading out there, the Glock smith will have a booth and I need some tweaking done on my G17 gen 4.
    The prematurely grey haired guy, has he done work for you previously?
    If so, how did that work out for you?

I have the parts and need some mods done to my .45s and wouldn't mind paying for a little guidance.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Glockster69, not Rubikees, but I can attest to the guys work. He worked on my G20 and did a good job. There might be another guy there, much older and does not go to near as many shows as he once did but does good work also. One thing about the first guy, is his parts are all top quality and you pay for that.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... but I can attest to the guys work. He worked on my G20 and did a good job.
    Good to hear, thanks.

One thing about the first guy, is his parts are all top quality and you pay for that.
    So are you saying he won't install the parts I already have?
    Do you (or anyone) have contact info for him?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So are you saying he won't install the parts I already have?
    Do you (or anyone) have contact info for him?

Oh, not not at all. However if you wish to purchase parts from him, they will cost you a bit more than what you would get from Lone Wolf, or other Glock specialty houses, they will be better quality also.

Sorry, no contact information.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So ... anyone hit the show Saturday?
    How was it?
    How were ammo prices? I could stand some stocking up.
    I guess since Texans have no interest in guns combined with Memorial Day weekend, everything is drastically reduced, right?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Place was packed. Didn't really look at ammo since I was looking for something else. The MUCH better half bought some turkey jerkey. That's about it.

Top Bottom