• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    Was a good show -- Saw two vendors with Ruger 1911's. One was asking $900; AJC Sports was asking $699.

Parking's $10 though.

Got there about 9:15 Saturday morning -- there was a huge line that spread from one end of the complex to the middle. I walked up to the front -- usually the long line is waiting to have gun's checked and there's no one at the ticket windows. Turned out the line was for the ticket windows! As I turned around to head to the rear of the line, some show workers showed up selling tickets for exact change. Bought from them and didn't have to wait in line.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Went Sunday, dissappoint.
    While I bought over 2750 items, I feel empty inside. Not ONE bull barreled Ruger 10/22 in the joint :(

I did talk to a couple of the guys at AJC and they seemed pretty nice. Like woodsong, I noticed some of their prices were significantly lower than the compeition.

No Glock armorers onsite either.

Here's one I liked: bought a couple of G21 mags for $24ea. and a Savage 64 mag @ $17.
    Walked up the isle and saw another mag only dealer and asked about the same. He wanted F'N $38ea. for the G21s and @ $25 for the Savage!!! WTH
    I didn't notice any prophylactics or KY on his table.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Went Sunday, dissappoint.

No Glock armorers onsite either.

Yeah, sorry about that. Talked to a number of folks that work there, and they said the holiday weekend was not a good idea for the show, and a lot of the regulars were not there. Saturday had some spurts, but was basically done by 4 or 2 hours ahead of closing time. Got there late Sunday and was surprised by the lack of folks and tables already put up. Picked up some dies, talked to a few friends and went home without any good deals to brag on..........

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    I went Saturday afternoon. Had to pick up my new lower in the morning and ended up shooting the breeze with the guys at the store for a little while longer than I had planned.

Not a bad show. I probably will not be back unless I was going with a group or knew the schedule for the trains that were out front just to save on parking. That parking was expensive and a monopoly. But I did drive right to the front of the lot and was the second car off the building right at the end with the gun show. I didn't walk down to the Tattoo Expo but there did seem to be some folks down there.

Got some of the list that I went looking for but not the major items. Ammo was about as usual, expensive and not a real deal. Best deal I saw was at Ammo To Go. Brand new ammo cans for $14. Best price at any of the recent shows for used cans was in the $12-13 range so new for a buck more and no shipping was a no brainer. Got all that I could easily carry since I hadn't seen anyone stamping hands for re-entry and I wasn't sure if you could do that.

Radioman

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I just brought it in from the car before work tomorrow and that reminded me of something.

I walked around the show yesterday with my Hi-Point 4595 on my shoulder with a "Sell/Trade" tag hanging from it. A vendor stopped me, we discussed it and didn't come to terms. He said 'go see that guy in the red shirt' which I did. I handed red shirt guy the gun and while he looked it over we made small talk. THEN he fell into his poor little gun dealer schpeal (sp) of how the market is down.

BWHAHAHA!!! Butthole's in the big house and it's an election year, REALLY!!! I don't give a chit if it is just a Hi-Point, I grabbed my gun out of his hands and walked away as he was still pleading his case. It's good to be in charge!

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    I walked around the show yesterday with my Hi-Point 4595 on my shoulder with a "Sell/Trade" tag hanging from it.

BWHAHAHA!!! Butthole's in the big house and it's an election year, REALLY!!! I don't give a chit if it is just a Hi-Point, I grabbed my gun out of his hands and walked away as he was still pleading his case. It's good to be in charge!

I am thinking about doing something like that with my one AR. Hang a for sale sign on it at a "Reasonable" price when all the other folks at the show have outrageous prices and see what kinda interest I get and see if I can fund another build with the proceeds.

Radioman

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I bought a rifle case for $5 soon after getting there and walked it out to the car. The guy next to me just getting out of his car rangled a look at mine, you never know who'll be interested.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Was a good show -- Saw two vendors with Ruger 1911's. One was asking $900; AJC Sports was asking $699.

I saw the $899 one but did not see the SR1911 at the AJC table. I wonder if AJC sold that pistol. I had my eye on an FN 5.7x25 and that one sold and never came back. i.e. their stock isn't unlimited at the show. I did see several nice looking, semi-converted Saigas for $765 which seemed like a decent deal considering the amount of bolt ons they already had (ready to go). They sold out of the converted Saigas on saturday too.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I am thinking about doing something like that with my one AR. Hang a for sale sign on it at a "Reasonable" price when all the other folks at the show have outrageous prices and see what kinda interest I get and see if I can fund another build with the proceeds.

Radioman

I've sold a couple guns (and bought a couple too) at gun shows, all at what I consider good sells and buys. In my opinion, the results lately have better than internet for sale lists (forums).

redneckinmontrose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Couple of thoughts.
    HGCA gets told what weekends they can have. The texans are the 800 lb gorilla, followed by the hlsr.

If you didn't swing by the body art expo, you missed out on $9 beer and two young athletic ladies in body paint. Could have saved the $20 entry fee and wandered around my neighborhood. More freaks in Montrose, but the genders are questionable.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Couple of thoughts.
    HGCA gets told what weekends they can have. The texans are the 800 lb gorilla, followed by the hlsr.

Damn, did I miss a football game this weekend? Must have been the rodeo that got in the way. Sorry neck, that excuse doesn't work for this show. There is nothing significant either the weekend before or the couple after that would have prevented a move to a better date.
    Reliant Park Event Calendar | Reliant Park

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Not to worry, I make <$125K/yr so it's all small arms
    I clear about the same each year before Uncle Sam gets in my pocket and I'm on the verge of sleeping on the couch for considering a third acquisition in 6 months. I just don't get how some of you hombres get away with this stuff. :D

gwtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Santa Fe, TX
    Went middle of the day Saturday, was pretty busy... missed out on a used 10-22 for a good price, bought a takedown 10-22 from AJC... Found a couple extra mags and some 30 carb ammo, few ar parts and ammo cans... a good use of a few hours...

GW

Charger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Houston
    I was pretty bummed that everyone had sold out of M&P Shields by 11am on Sat. Brought home a round receiver Mosin for $103 that looks good...have yet to get into the bore though.

Top Bottom