• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Hi All,

I was planning to go to the HCGA show this weekend at Reliant, but I have a couple of questions for those who have been before:

1. Any chance that vendor turn-out will be hurt by the SHOT Show being this week, too?

2. Any regulars who deal in optics? For example, does SWFA come down for this show? I am eyeing their 5-20x for my new .308.

Thanks for the input.
    DK Firearms

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I doubt you will notice any change. SHOT is kind of a draw for the entertainment value but the money is made at the show. Besides the new guns won't be out in quantity till after spring.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Real busy when I was there. Good turnout and there were lots of deals to be had walking in the door. A buddy managed to get a few as he worked the show from people showing up and selling. I just missed a deal on a real clean Springfield M1903 for about $600. A lot of folks sitting in chairs filling out paperwork at the bigger vendors. The bullet man was there for the first time in years, with ammo cans filled with bulk projectiles. Got 1K loose .45, 185gr JHP for $165 cash as I left. Number of guns I was looking for were not to be found, Joseph Smith and his Johnson rifles was not there, did not see a single CZ .22 auto-loading rifle, no Browning Renaissance pistols (want a Hi-Power in a used, as in already fired 90% example).

Historical displays were good. A few WWII vets signing stuff at tables.

Lot of stuff going on at Reliant, so parking was hit and miss with the other shows crowds.

I will probably make the trip again tomorrow and take my time walking the show, had a companion that wanted to see everything at a quicker pace than I normally travel it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    how much is it total, parking, entrance fee? i may try to go sell an upper and lmt mws tomorrow.

edit: per the other reliant thread its $18 total?

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    It was my first time going to this show. It was better then the gun shows at GBR. I picked up a scoped Mosin Nagant and a K98 Mauser.

how much is it total, parking, entrance fee? i may try to go sell an upper and lmt mws tomorrow.

$10 is you park at Reliant Park. Entry Fee to the show is $8.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    It was my first time going to this show. It was better then the gun shows at GBR. I picked up a scoped Mosin Nagant and a K98 Mauser.

$10 is you park at Reliant Park. Entry Fee to the show is $8.

thank you. if i can get there tomorrow it will be my first time at any shows here. hopefully i can make it and someone buys my stuff.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Eat 1st!!! ... gotcha jtriron
    Good advice.

I picked up a MKI Ruger .22 auto at a decent price. I also got a highly-collectible full box of AMU-loaded .38 wadcutters for $65 and a few other minor items.

Some notable memories and sightings -

• Winchester 43, circa 1938, in decent shape for $1295.
    • 3 H&K P9C pistols at different tables for $700. One guy had one of the same for $1120 but everything on that table was way high. That guy also had an XP100 original stock (You know, the ones we threw away for years and nobody should be crazy enough to pay more than $50 for) for $125. He actually had that cheap, plastic pistol stock wired into his alarm array as if it were a firearm. Just plain idiotic.
    • One vendor had exactly the sort of pistol I like, a German falling-block free pistol of pre-WWII style. Unfortunately, the frame was sized for a 10-year-old girl and the price, at $1995, was too high.
    • One guy near the front had what looked like a Goncz carbine. He had some Class III stuff on his table and given the year (1984) Goncz started production, I suppose it's possible that they made a full-auto or two. If they did, those would be really, really rare. But I still had a very hard time taking seriously a $125,000 price tag prominently displayed on a 9mm blowback-operated carbine.
    One complaint - The show was supposed to last until 5PM. A number of vendors were in full "pack up and run" status by 1:30. By 3, a noticeable number of tables were abandoned. When I left right after 4PM, I'd guess that around one-third were either completely gone or were so busy packing they couldn't effectively do business. I know there's always some tension between show operators and vendors on this issue, but this show was much worse than it should have been in this regard.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Shramm was not there (a big vendor), and I wanna say. That one other large vendor wasn't there, but I'm not sure which one it was...

You might be thinking about SOG Armory, they were absent.

I don't remember seeing Bachman Pawn out of Dallas either.

The older guy that has a bunch of hard to find magazines was not there. The guy with the big "Clips" sign was, but he is more mainstream in his inventory.

I think the SHOT show had an impact, a lot of dealers who attended were tired. Some might not have made the trip due to having just gotten back from Vegas.

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    You might be thinking about SOG Armory, they were absent.

I think the SHOT show had an impact, a lot of dealers who attended were tired. Some might not have made the trip due to having just gotten back from Vegas.

SOG Armory was there. They had a very tired bunch on the right hand side about halfway up when I was there on Sunday. I only recall about 5 or 6 AR-15's on their table.

Top Bottom