• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Anyone headed to the show? I don't have much desire but my girlfriend now wants a pistol to keep at her house, who can say no to that? More than likely the prices will be outrageous, the patronage high, along with low inventory. But, she needs to fondle the grips before we buy anything.
    ARJ Defense ad

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Anyone headed to the show? I don't have much desire but my girlfriend now wants a pistol to keep at her house, who can say no to that? More than likely the prices will be outrageous, the patronage high, along with low inventory. But, she needs to fondle the grips before we buy anything.

Is there one at GRB? I'll go on Sunday. I'm looking for some primers and powder. Can't find ANYTHING right now.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I will be there Saturday in the morning. May have an off brand M-4orgery to sell (but only for a panic price, LOL).

Gramps, for that pistol look for things that are not drawing the attention of the media and the gun grabbers right now for decent prices. I have noticed that some guns have not skyrocketed like others have. My lady-friend really likes Makarovs, other imported military surplus lower capacity handguns are still value priced. A lot of revolvers are only slightly inflated. Higher end collectable's like Colt Pythons also seem to be holding steady.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I was thinking of going. I doubt I'll find any 40 S&W that doesn't have a crazy price on it, though. I have a friend selling his stuff at a table. Will probably stop by and give him a hand.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Acera - We will be there around the same time. She likes the Beretta 84fs Cheetah in nickel, but at $700 it is bit steep right now. I want to get her something similar, how does the Mak/Tok compare? This will be her HD gun for the time being. Do you think they will have Makarov and Tokarev models at the show?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Gramps,
    Yes, I like CZs line of guns, think they are the most underrated guns on the market right now. For the value, under $300, the CZ-82 is a fantastic gun. The 9mm Makarov round is comparable to the .38 special, and while not easy........it's not hard to find either. Usually 1/2 the price of the weaker .380. There should be a few to choose from at the show. Take some index cards and a pen, write down what you see, price, table location and shop the entire show to get the best deal. I like the other Makarovs just slightly less, but that is not stopping me from trying to complete the collection (as I still have a wanted to buy ad up for them). The non-CZs are not known for their smooth triggers and refinements, but are good solid guns.

Been trying to find the right gun for our first Tokarev, so not much experience there but it's on the list.

I have a Browning .380 (made by FN/Beretta) and its' a sweet shooting gun, you can't go wrong with that Cheetah.

My lady friend and I will be there if your wife wants to talk to another woman about em', shoot me a pm and I will drop you my phone number so we can meet if ya'll want to.

Last edited:

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Looks like it will be a good show. I am going to try to get there Saturday. The gun show I went to last Saturday was pretty entertaining.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I have an older Smith and Wesson Model 36 (J Frame 38 special) but I'd really like to upgrade to an SP101, for several reasons. Hopefully I can stumble across a reasonably priced one at the show.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Acera - PM inbound.

Whiskey - How much do you want to sell it for? PM Me.

Chuck - Up for shooting at ASC Sunday? The significant other will want to go if we find her something.

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    If they allow walk around sales guess I will be up early and there wandering around Saturday.

See you guys there maybe.

Radioman

SrErik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I was wondering the same thing about selling. I'm thinking about taking my NIB Bushmaster Carbon 15 Superlight ORC Optic to sell. I wouldn't mind keeping it but I want to get a Sig 556.

Top Bottom