• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Why would they not allow walk around sales???? That is one of the draws of these things. Hell yes, bring whatever you want to sell or look for individuals selling what you want to buy. They are always that way. I've got an extra AR I will be toting around.
    Target Sports

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I normally always go to this show, I even have free tickets. But I can't see it until the madness dies down. Lack of goods, inflated prices. No thank you...this time anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    The best deal in the show, comparatively speaking. was some Polish AK-47 Underfolders going for $1099.00 at the table at F7.
    When WASR-10's were selling for $1400 and up, things are pretty crazy. Most AR's were over $2000. Stupid prices. You have a few deals at $1699 for your basic A2 or A4. However, people were not buying a huge amount at those prices. The panic buyers either spent their money or found better deals elsewhere. Ammo prices are a travesty. Regular Wolf 7.62x39 was gong for about $600 per 1000. Some of the Surplus spam cans were going for well over $1000. Funny thing. 7.62 Nato is still holding at $1 per round typically and you may find some remans for $750 per 1000. 223/556, forget it. $995 per 1000. I suggest Freedom Munitions for ammo. Their prices haven't gotten too bad.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The best deal in the show................,

Sorry Martinus, not even close. We missed the best deal in the show in a decade or so. When we finally got the gumption up to go back and make the purchase, someone else had already bought them.

We had in our hands a consecutively serial numbered pair of Bren 10's. One in 10mm and the other in .45 ACP, each with a pair of magazines in the original Styrofoam box. Could have walked out with them both for $3,600!! Walked around to think about and missed them. First Brens I have seen there in decades. Still pissed...............

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    ^ I don't have enough familiarity with the Bren to determine its value. Just what I see and what I know.
    Prices are going to have some downward pressure. There were plenty of ARs but few buying them at the listed prices. I think the next GRB show will have some price drops by a few hundred. Panic buyers are not buying high end ARs and fancier milled AKs at the over $3000 prices. They are buying the basic models such as a simple A2 or A4 without the extras at sub $2000 pricing and the WASR 10s at sub $1500 pricing. If you have Bushmasters, expect them to go for $2500 or more for just the base model. I personally don't care for them and I would never consider buying one. However, when a Bushy is tagged as the weapon of choice in a mass killing of kids, the demand for them is much more intense than other AR brands.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We had in our hands a consecutively serial numbered pair of Bren 10's. One in 10mm and the other in .45 ACP, each with a pair of magazines in the original Styrofoam box. Could have walked out with them both for $3,600!! Walked around to think about and missed them.
    I'm sorry if this is rubbing salt in the wound but, holy smokes, I would have probably broken a finger shoving my hand in my pockets so fast to pull out my money.

Still, I understand. 3 guns, 1 car, and 1 piece of furniture that I missed out on because I wanted anywhere from a few minutes to a day to think about it have taught this old man that when a deal that special comes along, jump on it instantly. I mean literally put your hand on the merchandise and don't remove it until the deal is done.

That was a hard lesson to learn but I sympathize. I've been there.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Sorry we missed everyone. The show was very busy, prices on "tactical" firearms way out there, even for Glocks! IE A gen. 4 G19 for$689 and so on. But did manage to find a Bersa Thunder for my better half and the other couple that came along have some plans to purchase soon. However, we are taking them and the new Thunder (plus my G26 she doesn't know about, sssshhh!) to the range this weekend. They do not have much experience with firearms so the old wheel guns and modern pistols will be taken out to help sway them .

The most surprising part of the whole show was reduction in new gun tables this year. Last June was a bigger show but it was also the only other HGCA show I have been too.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    It was first class entertainment. Watching all the noobs buying up all of the over priced AR's. There were a lot of lone wolves carring around thier $800 AR's with a flag asking $2200. I guess if you see a duck you gotta quack. Prolly the last one I am going to attend for a while.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    There were so many AR's and AK's with private sellers it was comical. And dangerous too, had to dodge several swinging barrels. Worst part for me was I didn't get to look at much of the older and collectors tables, guess that is why you don't take girlfriends or green gun folks if you really want to look at everything.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    One of the crazy things we saw at the show, was the price for a brick of .22 ammo-$69.99. My buddy looked at me and said, "This is BS. I'm going to Academy and buy a few bricks from them." I just laughed, as I told him Good luck, the selves at Academy were always empty. He hadn't been to Academy in a few weeks. So he hasn't seen how bad it's been. He's retired, so he has the time to check in the middle of the day, when they do get a shipment in, though.

Prothos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    My friend picked up an new DPS .308 with 1usg mag and 4 pmags from a private seller for $1700. it had a few other options. user said he never fired it

Top Bottom