300-leonidas.gif
    Capitol Armory ad

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I don't do new user approvals. It's outside my wheel house.
    IPs and all that. I do recognize trouble fairly early.
    When shit don't add up. It don't stay long.
    Would you be able to explain what was going on with his post #'s? He made it over 25 posts a few times, but got knocked down to 24 every time

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Would you be able to explain what was going on with his post #'s? He made it over 25 posts a few times, but got knocked down to 24 every time
    Not addressing this user, but if any new user comes in trying to rocket to 25 posts, well, strange things can happen.

If a mod is particularly disappointed in the quality of the initial posts, they may choose to read all their posts and delete a few of the lamest. You know what I mean - the one-word replies in necro threads, the one-word posts of "Welcome!" in Introductions, that sort of thing. The process is manual and time-consuming so it doesn't happen all that often. However it will occasionally happen when a mod is particularly irritated by new members deliberately pissing on the spirit of the 25 post rule. When it happens, post count numbers can go up and down.

I believe everyone on staff tries to stay professional and apply moderating standards evenly to all accounts. Speaking for myself only, I occasionally fall short of that ideal.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Not addressing this user, but if any new user comes in trying to rocket to 25 posts, well, strange things can happen.

If a mod is particularly disappointed in the quality of the initial posts, they may choose to read all their posts and delete a few of the lamest. You know what I mean - the one-word replies in necro threads, the one-word posts of "Welcome!" in Introductions, that sort of thing. The process is manual and time-consuming so it doesn't happen all that often. However it will occasionally happen when a mod is particularly irritated by new members deliberately pissing on the spirit of the 25 post rule. When it happens, post count numbers can go up and down.

I believe everyone on staff tries to stay professional and apply moderating standards evenly to all accounts. Speaking for myself only, I occasionally fall short of that ideal.
    So that's where my other 3823 posts went!?! You cruel bastards.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Now there's useful information........................

This thread is done...........

Top Bottom