• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Hi.
    New guy here in Austin, just moved here from TN and drawn to the forum for some advice (which I will get into in a separate thread in the appropriate place).

I am in a particularly bad position right now, not looking for any sympathy here at all but spelling it out so maybe someone else can prepare better than I did.

I just got divorced, that's why I left TN three months ago. I came to Austin and well, the economy took a slide. Not a lot I could do about either event but I guess we can all work harder at staying married sometimes, that's my understanding.

The way it has affected me in relation to my firearms is that to facilitate aspects of the divorce (like how I said that?) I sold a number of fine examples. I thought that was all over before I left but I seem to have need to let a few more go, but that is a matter for the other thread, but is also how and why I find myself here (and not at any number of the other fine forums I have frequented over the years).

Thanks, Pete.

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    we hear ya, brother.

don't let is get to you, Pete. if at all possible, keep them firearms at all costs.

shoot! I'd eat peanut butter and jelly sammiches for months, rather than part with my babies; but that's me. I am in my 60s, and be da**** if some court wants/orders me to sell my stuff. Reason being: I look back on 45 years of gun dealings/swapping/selling/buying, and I still kick myself for what I did 40 years ago.

Hang Tough, bro!

...the darkest part of night, is just before DAWN!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here. Don't worry about it, you're not alone! :-) I've gone through trouble myself in the past year. Had a great job in the RE industry, was making great money for someone my age, had all sorts of fun toys (even an older 911 Turbo) and was doing great. Credit market and mortgage industry dried up over night with the downturn in the economy, had to quit my job and take a 75% pay decrease with my current job, had to sell almost every single toy I had from the previous job, etc etc etc. It sucks but, worse things could happen. When life sucker punches you in the stomach, you full-force hammerfist that SOB right back by not being defeated! ;) lol

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Been there,I had to sell some of my favorite gun's during my first divorce.Welcome to the forum.

PTR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Thanks guys.

Well the good news is I'm not married to her anymore and Austin is being good to me.

But yes, I do need to sell but will be building it all back up as soon as I can. I haven't sold any of the heirlooms and all the 'scary black rifles' that I have sold will be back in my safe before they get legislated against. I don't imagine my financial issues will last past early spring.

Ok, thanks again and if I can say this, Texas has a lot of very fine women. Glad I moved here ;)

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Welcome PTR.
    Wishing you the best, remember to refuse to own someone else's garbage.
    Steve Michalik: "Reality is an agreed upon viewpoint, disagree and be free, disagree and create your reality".

Top Bottom