Venture Surplus ad

WTB Hi Standard military .22LR pistol (Austin, but will travel)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Looking for a Hi Standard military model .22LR pistol. Not really concerned with finish—project gun woukd be fine. One of a few pistols on my “must have list“ that have eluded me over the years. If you have one to spare, or know of one collecting dust in a pawn shop, let me know and thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Can't blame ya for wanting one...I really like my H-D............

Good luck with your search.....

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The larger Army bases used to have an indoor small bore range, operated by the Advanced Marksmanship Unit, where they would teach soldiers how to actually shoot well.
    On weekends, they would teach dependent kids age 10 and up. When they had nothing scheduled, you could go shoot and they would give you 50 rounds. Once they got to know me, if there was nobody else needing the lane they would let me shoot my own ammo as long as it was Taget ammo.
    That was the pistol they used for teaching. The model 107. It was not uncommon for me to shoot 3,000-5,000 rounds a week. I loved those pistols.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    It would take more than that for me to part with mine...........

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Shouldn't be hard to find. Gunbroker has a bunch. Collector's in Houston has a couple. They made a lot of HD Military Models. I used to have one but gave up on it. These guns are getting old and I shoot a lot. It kept breaking. Good magazines are expensive. You should limit them to standard velocity ammo and hope the previous owners over the last 75 years did the same. Parts are pretty much still available.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    The main thing with these and pretty much all high standards is to replace the recoil spring about every 7500 - 10000 rounds.

Always shoot standard velocity ammo in them. HV ammo is a bad thing especially on some models that can induce frame cracks.

Some of the High Standards, like the HD Military, have a funky take down process to remove the slide. Failure to follow it can cause issues.

High Standard still exists in Houston. They can work on them if needed.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    The main thing with these and pretty much all high standards is to replace the recoil spring about every 7500 - 10000 rounds.

Always shoot standard velocity ammo in them. HV ammo is a bad thing especially on some models that can induce frame cracks.

Some of the High Standards, like the HD Military, have a funky take down process to remove the slide. Failure to follow it can cause issues.

High Standard still exists in Houston. They can work on them if needed.

Houston High Standard has folded. Been a while. They closed and the equipment was moved to Montana I think. There's a legal dispute. They were supposed to get going again in Montana but I think the principal individual had a serious health issue. They've kind of gone dark. But most of the Houston gunsmiths are at OFM Corp. in Houston and are associated somehow with Interarmstx who sells parts. If you need a HIgh Standard worked on OFM is the best choice in the country.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I am kind of sick of Gunbroker—trying to avoid it. Ridiculous user fees passed on to buyer, exorbitant shipping, added credit card fees, and then it’s all taxed—even the fees. Then add the FFL transfer fee, plus it’s priced low because there is no mag included (shady seller does a good job avoiding mentioning it, nor really revealing it in the pics).

Perfect example of condition I am looking for, though.

would prefer face to face to avoid the Gunbroker nonsense.

Last edited:

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I am kind of sick of Gunbroker—trying to avoid it. Ridiculous user fees passed on to buyer, exorbitant shipping, added credit card fees, and then it’s all taxed—even the fees. Then add the FFL transfer fee, plus it’s priced low because there is no mag included (shady seller does a good job avoiding mentioning it, nor really revealing it in the pics).

Perfect example of condition I am looking for.

would prefer face to face to avoid the Gunbroker nonsense.
    You are wise, and your math is solid.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Houston High Standard has folded. Been a while. They closed and the equipment was moved to Montana I think. There's a legal dispute. They were supposed to get going again in Montana but I think the principal individual had a serious health issue. They've kind of gone dark. But most of the Houston gunsmiths are at OFM Corp. in Houston and are associated somehow with Interarmstx who sells parts. If you need a HIgh Standard worked on OFM is the best choice in the country.

They are in Houston and part of OFM.
    They are active participants in the High Standard sub forums on Rimfirecentral forums.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX

They are in Houston and part of OFM.
    They are active participants in the High Standard sub forums on Rimfirecentral forums.

There's a dispute between Alan and some of the other former principals about exactly who owns the name. Regardless, the Houston factory left its former location. Some stuff was taken out and some stuff was left. The people all moved to OFM. They aren't making any "High Standard" marked pistols though OFM is (maybe) making an "X series" pistol that follows the pattern. If that constitutes them as still in existence then you are correct. Hit that "Shop Now" button on the website you link to and it takes you to interarmstx where they tell you they don't sell firearms. That site is still up but it redirects so it's not much evidence that they still actually exist. Depending on your definition of "exist". If they aren't manufacturing a reasonable quantity of High Standard marked guns it's hard for me to say they do. They mostly seem to be concentrating on making parts and service and maybe making an occasional X Series gun.

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    I have an HB with a safety & 6" barrel. PM if interested with offer and phone # for pict. PAX

Top Bottom