Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I try.

If you want to read interesting, though, you should look for the posts where I just make everything up. :)

Back on topic - Anybody want to bring some extra bread, a folding table or two, or maybe some potato salad? I'd even eat that German stuff with all the onions in it.

Is there a good bakery in Gatesville? I might be persuaded to drop by and pick up a bunch of loaves of bread to give us some good variety.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, there's a need for buns and a bucket of something from Walmart that passes for potato salad is a pretty traditional BBQ side dish. If you want to commit to one or both, say the word.

Both isn't necessary, in my opinion. I'd like to see the workload spread widely.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Well, there's a need for buns and a bucket of something from Walmart that passes for potato salad is a pretty traditional BBQ side dish. If you want to commit to one or both, say the word.

Both isn't necessary, in my opinion. I'd like to see the workload spread widely.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I will be bringing 1 folding table for general use and 2 tomato knives to assist in cutting.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Sorry Ben. I'll be bringing various non-alcoholic beverages. Unsweet tea, sweet tea, lemonade, various sodas. I'll probably bring an extra flat or two of water.

Are we going to be needing folding tables?
    I wouldn't get to crazy about that. Most people drink water

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Water. Yes.
    Agreed. There are so many different types of soft drinks that trying to have a selection that will satisfy everybody is impossible. You go home with half of what you brought.

OTOH, everybody drinks water.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Mustard or regular potato salad?
    I don't eat it so I don't know.
    Regular, mustard, that German stuff with the cheese bits and lots of onions, etc.? It's possible to start a terrible argument over what makes a good potato salad.

I say get the regular stuff. People that like something more exotic will eat it but the reverse is not true if you buy the stuff with mustard or more intricate recipes. Just my opinion, though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've got a small propane grille I can bring as well.
    Sounds like a good idea since we never know if there will be sufficient space or versatility in heat sources. Generally, lots of people bring hot plates or crock pots because they simply go with the dishes they're bringing but I wouldn't let that discourage you. If it's not too much trouble to pack, it could turn out to be very useful.

I'll add it to the list. Let me know if you want me to take it off.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    As you all know, I have commitment issues. I am never positive about my attendance until the night before (work issues, not laziness). But if we are short anything last minute I will be glad to help out. I am keeping my eyes on this thread.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    In that case I'm ditching the soda and lemonade. I'll still bring tea and water though.

Top Bottom