• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    We want to stay at Hicksville. We either grow the venue ( not our call) or limit attendance.
    Committee is considering these scenarios and Hicksville owners will be contacted for input.

All we got for now, as far as info goes.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    We want to stay at Hicksville. We either grow the venue ( not our call) or limit attendance.
    Committee is considering these scenarios and Hicksville owners will be contacted for input.

All we got for now, as far as info goes.
    10-4, thanks Lee. Like I said, just curious.....it looks like this sucker is evolving nicely.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It would be quite difficult finding a range that will let us set off explosions, fire full auto guns, shoot large caliber guns, etc. Hell, it seems like more and more ranges don't want anything bigger than a 7.62 round being fired and its gotta be in one second intervals.

Also, if it weren't for the Hicks being so accomodating and lenient to begin with, we probably wouldn't have grown as much as we have. The HPC recognises this and would PREFER to keep it at Hicksville. So we are going to see what steps we can take to help JD expand the range.

I've already talked about this with him and we will probably start getting out there to help out in a month or so. I know once the school year is over, my time and affordability of things goes up, so I know I'll be out there more for sure.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I've already talked about this with him and we will probably start getting out there to help out in a month or so. I know once the school year is over, my time and affordability of things goes up, so I know I'll be out there more for sure.

I'm in for helping out however I can with improvements to the range. Like you mentioned, once school is out (since that's where I work), I'll be more free to help out barring any unforeseen changes in plans (switch jobs, etc.).

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The HPC recognises this and would PREFER to keep it at Hicksville. So we are going to see what steps we can take to help JD expand the range.

Let me know if i can help. I still have some time off if i know more than 3 wks ahead

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    So we are going to see what steps we can take to help JD expand the range.

any thoughts of putting together a work weekend? Might be able to get a group together and be able to knock out a few projects at one time......just a thought.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm glad to see the volunteers!

Clarke-I remember you mentioned being able to rebuild the cylinders on his tractor. I was thinking maybe you and I could tackle that one weekend. You grab one cylinder, I'll get on the other. I let JD know that at a minimum-I could do that with no problem. He said he's gonna look into getting some seals.

Right now, I've gotta go talk with JD a little more and see what he thinks as far as getting materials together, and then what the weekends look like. I'll probably put a thread together soon asking for volunteers and we can see who can make it and who has what skills to offer. Let me finish getting a game plan together, first.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

Clarke-I remember you mentioned being able to rebuild the cylinders on his tractor. I was thinking maybe you and I could tackle that one weekend. You grab one cylinder, I'll get on the other. I let JD know that at a minimum-I could do that with no problem. He said he's gonna look into getting some seals.

Right now, I've gotta go talk with JD a little more and see what he thinks as far as getting materials together, and then what the weekends look like. I'll probably put a thread together soon asking for volunteers and we can see who can make it and who has what skills to offer. Let me finish getting a game plan together, first.

Sounds good. I've got a ton of woodworking tools and two 4' high boxes of various hand tools. I've also got two enslaved 17 year old boys that I can provide with shovels.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think this will not only be a great way to make sure the range is able to keep handling shooters in the future, but also show JD and Judy our appreciation for putting up with us. lol

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I think it would be helpful to put out a thread with a list of volunteer positions needed and whatever funding could be donated such as food, prizes, tannerite maybe even making a donation for ammo for some ammo some of the more fun guns.

Pull Out Poster Child

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

You need o-rings, quad rings etc? Let me know - I've got thousands of them at work.

Top Bottom