Sent from.... RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Thankyou everyone for coming out! I had a great time hanging out with y'all. The food was great, I shot some cool guns, and I'm thankful to the people who donated to the raffle.

Moonpie and Robert both had me so caught up in pistols that every time I turned around I had a new gun being put in my hand! Moonpie had a REAL nice chrome 1911 and some old war rifle I don't even know what it was. Robert turned me on to a couple Rugers. I've never shot a Ruger before, so that was fun. I may have to go pick up an LC9c for my own collection.

Youngguns new .50 is pretty badass - the recoil on it was surprisingly manageable.

I noticed the attendance was a little lower than usual and we had a few regulars that didn't make it this time. Hopefully we get them back out next meet.

Sent from Command Central

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I have to admit, I almost enjoyed seeing Ussoldier1986 experiencing the joy (frustration) of getting in to precision rifle shooting. Mostly because I got to see someone dealing with the same crap I went through :laughing:

That's a nice rifle, bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks lol I have my work cut out for me and lots to learn. Atleast I can group really well when I used the ammo I originally zeroed with. Now the search begins for an ammo I want to stick with for my 308. I appreciate you letting me fire god knows how many of your weapons. My wife and I lost count. It seemed every few minutes you pulled out a different one ha. That 50 Cal was a blast! Can you remind me what the threads size for threading a barrel for a break? I really want to put some sort of break on my 308 and need to find a 20 moa scope base.

Also have to say thanks to the others who let me fire their weapons, although I can not remember screen names, but thank you!!! And to everyone who made the food thanks!!! I can not wait for the next meetup.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Lordy - It took me about a zillion trips to the truck to get everything out of there. I had a ball and appreciate everyone participating. I took a few pics - give me a sec.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Thanks lol I have my work cut out for me and lots to learn. Atleast I can group really well when I used the ammo I originally zeroed with. Now the search begins for an ammo I want to stick with for my 308. I appreciate you letting me fire god knows how many of your weapons. My wife and I lost count. It seemed every few minutes you pulled out a different one ha. That 50 Cal was a blast! Can you remind me what the threads size for threading a barrel for a break? I really want to put some sort of break on my 308 and need to find a 20 moa scope base.

Also have to say thanks to the others who let me fire their weapons, although I can not remember screen names, but thank you!!! And to everyone who made the food thanks!!! I can not wait for the next meetup.
    Aaah - the discipline of long range shooting. You did good. Getting a new scope zeroed in is an act of patience. As frustrated as you were, you learned a lot. That's one of the great things about going to a meet like this. I never cease to learn from people who know more than I do.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Aaah - the discipline of long range shooting. You did good. Getting a new scope zeroed in is an act of patience. As frustrated as you were, you learned a lot. That's one of the great things about going to a meet like this. I never cease to learn from people who know more than I do.

I did learn a lot, and when it was getting to the end of the day the sun really made me tired which contributed to lack of patience. I am a little bit crispy red today lol. Now I am feeling the effects of a long fun day worth every ache and pain lol.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    when it was getting to the end of the day the sun really made me tired which contributed to lack of patience. I am a little bit crispy red today lol. Now I am feeling the effects of a long fun day worth every ache and pain lol.
    That's why you'll always see me wearing a hat and long sleeves ;)

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Also had a lot of fun shooting clay with my (almost completed build) with my mossberg 500 persuader. That red dot sight made it easy Kinda felt like I was cheating lol

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Looks like a great time was had!

I am going to make the next one come hell or high water.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Top Bottom