• Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Questions/Comments:
    We had some issues with the Tannerite last time (I think that's a fair statement). We may want to have an honest pre-discussion about safety, courtesy, timing of the big blasts, helping to clean up afterward, blah blah.

I think this is a great idea. Maybe we have a meeting at 10 to go over some rules and include tannerite in the meeting?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think the meeting is a great idea, but I also know that there was talk of a group heading to the 600 yard range.

Would it be better to have a few print outs of the rules at the sign in desk for everyone to go over as they arrive. That way we don't have to worry about anybody missing anything due to arriving late or being in another area of the range?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I think the meeting is a great idea, but I also know that there was talk of a group heading to the 600 yard range.

Would it be better to have a few print outs of the rules at the sign in desk for everyone to go over as they arrive. That way we don't have to worry about anybody missing anything due to arriving late or being in another area of the range?

Well, considering this meet might be the largest to date, might be a good idea to have a schedule, at least for the bang. I know last time there were many (myself included) that didn't know the bang was going to happen until the bang. At least say "bang about 3" in the OP or something.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, it's always hard to keep track of everybody. And with the group size people are constantly rotating on and off different parts of the range.

That's why I just hang out behind the rifle range (firing line end) and BS. It gives everyone an opportunity to see me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've considered putting up a sign but I didn't want to cause congestion problems from people crowding in the area.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, it was supposed to be a 3some but a couple of girls backed out. Still turned out pretty good IMO.

Tape was banned on 6 continents.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well, considering this meet might be the largest to date, might be a good idea to have a schedule, at least for the bang. I know last time there were many (myself included) that didn't know the bang was going to happen until the bang. At least say "bang about 3" in the OP or something.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hicksville/50303-hicksville-central-texas-range-day-nov-2-a.html

That's funny because the bang was scheduled at least 9 days in advance and the schedule was reasonably adhered to.

I can schedule things just like Elbe but if you want to see every bang, camp your a$$ out on the rifle range. If you want to shoot long distance, qualify and go do it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you can't please everyone. There's a lot to see and do and people will decide where to be at any given time. I'm not singling A.T.Y or anyone else out either.

There's plenty of others, let's not turn this into a trash thread too.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/hicksville/50303-hicksville-central-texas-range-day-nov-2-a.html

That's funny because the bang was scheduled at least 9 days in advance and the schedule was reasonably adhered to.

I can schedule things just like Elbe but if you want to see every bang, camp your a$$ out on the rifle range. If you want to shoot long distance, qualify and go do it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but you can't please everyone. There's a lot to see and do and people will decide where to be at any given time. I'm not singling A.T.Y or anyone else out either.

Not singling me out but quotes only me! What a jerk, lol!

We knew the window time frame last time but somebody jumped the gun (pun intended) and there were quite a few (meaning like 20 or so people and that was about a third of the meet total) missed the first bang. I'm just saying having some notification. I go to mostly mingle but the fireworks are a big bonus. Maybe have some type of ceremony starting the festivities? Like a fireworks show throws up a single flare to let the crowd know the shows 15 minutes away? Just thought. I know lots goes into planning these things, and the more people we have that are able to join in on it, the more we grow the next time.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    That's why I just hang out behind the rifle range (firing line end) and BS. It gives everyone an opportunity to see me.

I think you and I have been there the last few meets. I am getting tired of the muzzle blast though. Might have to find new real estate :p

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Order placed for the Tannerite today. I had verbal confirmation every thing was in stock, would be shipped immediately, was emailed a tracking number, and my card was charged. I also received an email from a different manager that said they were out of stock and would call me next week. I will get someone on the phone tmrw. My guess is that I got the last 4 cases of 2 pounders and that the out of stock email was a mistake. I am making full inquiries and will update ASAP.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

Not sure why you think a discussion about safety and organization would turn this into a trash thread. I get your point about Elbe's schedule,but if you compare vs that schedule you will remember a few issues we had. There was a massive explosion that went off before lunch. That explosion resulted in shrapnel being sent so far it struck a truck parked behind the pistol range (and did some decent damage). If that had occurred during lunch, someone's head could have caught that shrapnel. As politely as I can say, this has less to do with people "missing the bang" versus safety and courtesy for the range owner and other attendees. Even if "missing the bang" was the issue, it would suck to have to stay at the 100 yard line all day. Just my .02. Plus,can we all agree that it sucks being one of the 10 guys left to clean everything up after everyone suddenly takes off after the finale?

Top Bottom