• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Alvin Texas
    Born and raised here in the Alvin, Pearland, Friendswood area and currently reside in Alvin. For you baseball fans. Yes, I knew Nolan Ryan in person, his wife, and went to school with his children. Got to know his mother very well over the years and many pots of coffee. She always made sure to have a fresh pot when I got there so I would stay and visit. She was a sweet heart!
    So, More about me. I consider myself a half/ass. My father was born and raised in and around New Orleans and Baton Rouge. My mother is from Benson Minnesota. So I'm half Yankee and half Coon_ass. So I love my meat and taters and oysters, born and raised in TEXAS. I'll take a saddle blanket steak any day!, with oysters.:p

As a kid I was raised with a 12 ga pump shotgun, 410 break open single shot shotgun, a 22lr semi rifle and a Ruger 22lr semi pistol. I loved that pistol! I could out shoot my brother with that pistol even after he mounted a scope on the rifle!

I gave up the guns in the early 90's. New wife hated guns so I didn't push the subject too much. Now the kids are grown and out of the house!
    She also hated motorcycles! 6 years ago I ask my brother to take his bike around the block as I have a current motorcycle endorsement. She jumped on and said "We need to get one". I got one.
    I found a Ruger pistol just like the one I had as a kid. IMG_20151212_170615.jpg I bought it! She actually fired the first rounds through it. She had never shot a gun before. Loved it! Now she has a SR22 that she has put almost 500 rounds through.

What have I created? FOT59B.jpg

Would love to get together with others in our area and have some fun on and off he range!
    Gun Zone Deals

Bearles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Alvin Texas
    Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Flylot. You a pilot? As I am as well.
    rlw454. Been there once. Wifey didn't like the noise from the indoor range. The first pic with my gun is her at Big Kountry. She didn't like the Arms Room either. Started taking her to the Clear Creek gun range. The place is a dump, but it's not so hard on her ears. I also have a better chance of putting her on the left side of a shooter. I also work 2 blocks from there so I carry the guns with me and she will meet me there when she gets off work. Haven't tried Texas City yet.
    Das Jared, Howdy Neighbor! You familiar wit PSC? I THINK I put my name on the waiting list for the range. Been almost 2 weeks and I haven't heard a peep from them. Not even a receipt of email confirmation. Gonna try to sneak in and rattle some cages LOL

Everyone BE SAFE and Shoot Strait!

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood

rlw454. Been there once. Wifey didn't like the noise from the indoor range. The first pic with my gun is her at Big Kountry. She didn't like the Arms Room either. Started taking her to the Clear Creek gun range. The place is a dump, but it's not so hard on her ears. I also have a better chance of putting her on the left side of a shooter. I also work 2 blocks from there so I carry the guns with me and she will meet me there when she gets off work. Haven't tried Texas City yet.
    Das Jared, Howdy Neighbor! You familiar wit PSC? I THINK I put my name on the waiting list for the range. Been almost 2 weeks and I haven't heard a peep from them. Not even a receipt of email confirmation. Gonna try to sneak in and rattle some cages LOL

Yes, friend is a member. The wait list is long. It'll be a long long time before you hear anything

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

flylot

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2014
    Houston, TX
    yup, both fixed and rotor winged birds

Yes, recently retired, flew mostly international stuff. Ex military rotor during Viet Nam. Most of the stuff I flew are in museums now, lol. Now I just play......

As for PSC, tired to join last year. Got an email to log on for a class on website. Wasn't able to. Tried to contact membership chairman and got no reply. Contacted president and received terse email on how membership chairman was busy but doing his job and would get back to me
    (which he didn't). Was not impressed. Too bad because I really wanted to join.

I drive a long way to ASC and to CCC which is north of Navasota to shoot. Bayou Rifles also very hard to get in as member as well. It is difficult if you want to shoot past 300 yards in Houston area (and almost impossible if you want to go past 600). Indoors, I spend my time at Marksman in South Houston or Pasadena Gun Center when I want conjugal visits with my can. Clear Creek is OK if you need to do a quick zero on a rifle besides I often see an old friend down there on occasion.

Indoor ranges are noisy and often have too much particulate matter in the air to please the sensitivities of most females (my carbon based spousal unit being one), so outdoor ranges seem better. Also, suppressors help tremendously both in pistols and rifles. Let her shoot with one and watch her smile.

Top Bottom