HK AR15 / 416 Magazines

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Texas1911, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If you don't have one already, these things are SWEET. The followers on them are better than anything on the market. Probably not as long term durable as a P-Mag, but hey, it's metal and spray paint is cheap.

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Actually, judging by what I've seen on some of the other AR sites, the 416 mags are bad news for AR15's. I've heard of MANY people having problems with them feeding reliably, and on top of that apparently the springs wear out really quickly, and there aren't currently any replacements available for them. A quick search of Arfcom, M4carbine.net, and Lightfighter will turn up a lot of bad reviews on them. Just fyi. It's second hand info from the internet, seeing as I have no personal experience using the HK mags, so take my words with a grain of salt. ;)

3. Infamous

Infamous Member

Jul 28, 2008
    North Dallas
    theyre good mags. i cant afford em in a quantitative amount so i buy pmags :)

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm really liking what I'm seeing about the PMAGs. They're inexpensive, and so far many people doing extensive testing with them seem to have nothing but positive results. As far as the HK mags go, one of the issues I've heard about is something to do with the differences between the AR15 feeding system and 416 feeding system I believe. I'm not entirely sure of what the differences constitute, just that there are some and so the 416 mags aren't really made to function properly in an AR15. If I'm way off base here, anyone feel free to correct me. This is all what I've heard from various individuals in the know, though you know how the internet can be. ;)

5. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I want to try some PMags. I have standard aluminum G.I. magazines and I haven't had any real problems. I did replace the followers with Magpul parts. The cost of the H&K magazines is extreme and I can't imagine that I would see a benefit.

6. Cyfer

Cyfer Active Member

May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    yea, I had some HK mags as part of a deal, but I ended up trading them for double the amount of PMags. I love my PMags and I won't buy anything else.

7. TexasHK

TexasHK Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Anyone use a PMAG in a bushmaster. All i've ever used were aluminum and steel as earlier mags such as the PMAG often would not operate in a Bushmaster. I'd love to get my hands on some if anyone knows for sure if they work.

8. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I heard that the magwell on my M&P15 was too narrow for a Pmag, but one fit just fine. I think there are a lot of myths tossed around by people who think a polymer mag wouldn't be a quality product.

9. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I run pmags and love em never had any problems with em they drop free from my lmt also.