• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Anybody here own the HK USP? I'm interested in buying the .45 when I leave California, and I'm interested in hearing some owners' perspectives about that gun. I'm all ears......

treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    Love the USP. Carry the Full Size .45 on duty. It's a big weapon and alot of people complain about that, but it fits me perfectly. Over the years I've had 2 .45 USP's, and three in .40 S&W two full size and one compact. They are very accurate, and I've put over three thousand rounds through my first .45. I've never had so much as a hiccup from any ammo I've fed it. IMO one of the finest pistols made.

Only issue I've ever ran into is with magazines. Stay with HK factory mags. Every aftermarket mag I've ever had will feed, but they fail to lock the slide back after the last round.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    great gun i have a full size usp .45 goes bang every time not a picky eater either well worth the money plus a life time warranty.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wow, great to hear from you guys that there's no issues with ammo...that makes me more intent on buying it. Any issues with disassembling it or cleaning it? I've got a Beretta Model 84 that's a b**ch to reassemble and don't need a repeat of that....

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    pull the side back a bit, pop the slide release out, take slide off, take spring assembly out, then barrel, reassembly is reverse. easy as pie very user friendly. the only thing i wish i had gotten with mine is night sights.

treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    HKTakedown001.jpg

HKTakedown002.jpg

HKTakedown005.jpg

HKTakedown003.jpg

HKTakedown004.jpg

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I also carry a full size H&K USP in 45. I have to say it is my favorite handgun I have ever owned. Prolly bought it 5 years ago or so and it has never jammed or failed to fire. Very accurate, easy to clean. One of my favorite features is that I can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911, or with hammer down, either on fire or on safe..

dday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    irving tx
    I have a USP Tactical in .45 and it has to be my favorite handgun to shoot. Never had a problem with it except like someone else said stick with factory mags.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    i like this!
    i want one!
    very much! now only if i can get texas1911 to slide me about 1k .45 acp rnds ;);)
    roflmao

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It's an HK you're asking about.... ? Some of the best engineered and quality produced fire arms to be had. Not all features fit the likes of everyone, but you will have to look far and wide to find one that doesn't do what is supposed to do.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Great to know the USP is so easy to disassemble. I'll have to check it out in person, but unfortunately a purchase will have to wait till I leave this frickin' state.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I have USP9f with about 1300 rounds through it in 11 months. No failures except a few that were ammo induced (cheap reloads with the bullet seated on a severe angle). It is more accurate than I am and just work every time.

I love the large mag release levers and slide lever is also large and easy to operate. Many other pistols have tiny mag buttons and slide release levers that are hard to access.

The USP is easy to maintain and work on. I did a detailed disassemble to add ambi control levers (I am left-handed and wife is right-handed).

The USP9f is my house and car gun with a Streamlight TLR-1 attached using the GG&G adapter.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I love HKs, well designed, Glock reliability, what's not to like besides the price tag?

I would highly recommend the HK45 over the USP. It's that much better of a handgun, and has alot of features that HK needed to fix.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I love HKs, well designed, Glock reliability, what's not to like besides the price tag?

I would highly recommend the HK45 over the USP. It's that much better of a handgun, and has alot of features that HK needed to fix.

very true the hk45 does have alot of updated features that are must have and the only other thing not to like besides the price tag is the cost of magazines, they are alittle pricey. but still uber great gun.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I'll have to give the HK45 more scrutiny then. When it comes to cost, I always pull out all the stops when buying a gun. If I had to I'd buy less groceries to compensate....a man's got to have priorities....

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i just picked up my first usp,used at the high caliber show in ft worth on sunday. the date code is from 1995 and its barely used looks like new! i traded a springer milspec ss for it to a dealer from houston. i went to get one and lo and behold one of the first tables coming in and i found one. was meant to be if ya ask me! took it to alpine afterwards and ran a couple hundred rounds of ball and 20 rounds of golden sabers through it....not one stutter. a fine handgun,only thing that sucks is the price of mags. got it home and cleaned her up and she looks great. im going to the mesquite show next sunday and looking for one in 9mm,i'll probably trade my glock21sf in for one.

Top Bottom