Target Sports

Hmmm...details missing I think, but dead husband none the less...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I just don't understand how people neglect safety. Even if you don't know shit about firearms, common sense tells you not to point it at someone OR have your finger on the trigger. ESPECIALLY, if you know nothing about firearms! Idiots. Poor kids.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I just don't understand how people neglect safety. Even if you don't know shit about firearms, common sense tells you not to point it at someone OR have your finger on the trigger. ESPECIALLY, if you know nothing about firearms! Idiots. Poor kids.

But that is the point. If you know shit about them, how would you know not to point it at someone? Epic fail on his part for his teaching. Brings to mind a quote from an instructor years ago. " I taught him everything I know, and he is still stupid". Way too many things went wrong for them, almost inevitable the outcome.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    When alcohol enters the bloodstream, commonsense and safety exit.
    "Accidents" like this could so easily be avoided.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    K, so #1, "casually drinking"....FAIL...

There is nothing casual about drinking @ 3:30 in the morning, and it's usually a bit more then drinking at that point.

What the hell is possession of a tool of crime?

Here is the statue. I first thought the gun, but it seems like it could be many things other then weapons.

§ 907. Possessing instruments of crime. (a) Criminal instruments generally.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses any instrument of crime with intent to employ it criminally. (b) Possession of weapon.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a firearm or other weapon concealed upon his person with intent to employ it criminally. (c) Unlawful body armor.--A person commits a felony of the third degree if in the course of the commission of a felony or in the attempt to commit a felony he uses or wears body armor or has in his control, custody or possession any body armor. (d) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection: "Body armor." Any protective covering for the body, or parts thereof, made of any polyaramid fiber or any resin-treated glass fiber cloth or any material or combination of materials made or designed to prevent, resist, deflect or deter the penetration thereof by ammunition, knife, cutting or piercing instrument or any other weapon. "Instrument of crime." Any of the following: (1) Anything specially made or specially adapted for criminal use. (2) Anything used for criminal purposes and possessed by the actor under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for lawful uses it may have. "Weapon." Anything readily capable of lethal use and possessed under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for lawful uses which it may have. The term includes a firearm which is not loaded or lacks a clip or other component to render it immediately operable, and components which can readily be assembled into a weapon. (July 6, 1995, P.L.238, No.27, eff. 60 days; July 11, 1996, P.L.552, No.98, eff. 60 days) 1996 Amendment. Act 98 overlooked the amendment by Act 27 of 1995, but the amendments do not conflict in substance and have both been given effect in setting forth the text of section 907. Cross References. Section 907 is referred to in section 912 of this title; section 6102 of Title 23 (Domestic Relations).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No real specific details on the type of gun. By default, I call bullshit. A finger pulled the trigger. That's about 99.99% true in most cases of negligent (misreported as "accidental) shootings. People need to pay more attention to what they are doing and take more responsibility. There's no excuse, there's no sorry when you shoot and kill someone. It constantly amazes me how people can have more concern and more focus with other areas of their life that are decidedly less important. Put the power to take lives in their hand, and they treat it like a freakin novelty as if they were driving a loaded down 18 wheeler at 120mph through a schoolzone, when school just let out....seeming totally bewildered when they end up slaughtering innocent people. Ridiculous.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    But that is the point. If you know shit about them, how would you know not to point it at someone? Epic fail on his part for his teaching. Brings to mind a quote from an instructor years ago. " I taught him everything I know, and he is still stupid". Way too many things went wrong for them, almost inevitable the outcome.

Obviously, any dummy KNOWS what a gun does and where the bullet exits. That knowledge alone, should tell anybody to keep it pointed in a safe direction.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Obviously, any dummy KNOWS what a gun does and where the bullet exits. That knowledge alone, should tell anybody to keep it pointed in a safe direction.

While that SHOULD be correct.
    monkey see monkey do.

Hollywood has done a marvelous job of teaching bad technique, unsafe handling, and general disregard for anything firearm related.

What may seem common sense to us, is totally alien to another.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas

There you go relying on "common sense" again. That went out when they made it wrong to spank your kids. IMO

Top Bottom