• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The tow ratings are more about wheel bearings tire loadings and brakes. Any half ton truck can tow an empty trailer, and much more, powerwise. Transmissions can even handle the weight as long as they dont get hot and your not dumping peak horsepower thru them. For a little while anyways.

I once pulled a 20 plus ton fully loaded tractor trailer, short city type, out of the road up hill into a parking lot after it jack knifed. I used a basic ram tradesman type truck, small v8 or the v6. Just hooked it to the tow hook and pulled it in reverse, the lowest gear. The guys swore it wouldnt work but I knew it would. I wouldnt do it far enough to start heating up components nor dumping full power thru an automatic transmission with that load cause shit will break.

We see 4 cyl jeeps pull fully loaded 18 wheelers thru ice every year.

The issue with this idiot is no breaking on trailer.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Won't have to worry about the old Chevy/Ford/Ram debate much longer. I am sure Biden will be placing huge new truck taxes on these brands so he can open the doors to China who has vowed to crash the American truck market with their pieces of crap that they will sell at rock bottom prices so everyone with a man bun and spandex can run around saying "lookie at my new truckie"

uwzgT7Al.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Notice how the “news” story didn’t say anything about how he destroyed anyone’s property, wrecked out, or hurt anyone, so I guess it’s a success story.
    But, my god man!!!
    He offended their sensibilities!!!
    If the book says you can't, then you can't! Rules are rules after all.

We actually pulled a 16x80 mobile home several miles with a 3/4 ton pickup. Easy peasy.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Looked to me like it worked pretty well... I'm guessing it wasn't going far.

No doubt, against the law... so I'm hoping nobody got hurt and he didn't get caught

Top Bottom